Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Free trial offer and auto renew

Solved!

Free trial offer and auto renew

I've been given a 6 month free trial, and put my credit card in when I signed up. I can see I have premium for 6 months, but it shows I will be charged when the auto renew happens in March 21. 

I want to cancel auto renew, but the only way I can see to do that is to 'Change Plan' and choose to switch to 'Spotify Free'. However, when I do that, it only says 'Cancel Premium - Are you sure you want to continue?'  and the options 'Yes, Cancel' or 'Go Back'.  There is nothing to tell me what will happen to my 6 month trial. 

If I do this, do I lose access to my 6 month trial completely?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @user-removed,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

If you cancel your Premium trial early, you'll still be able to use Premium until the 6-month trial is over. You can read also about cancelling your Spotify subscription in this support article.

I hope this helps, and let me know if you have any other questions.

Have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @user-removed,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

If you cancel your Premium trial early, you'll still be able to use Premium until the 6-month trial is over. You can read also about cancelling your Spotify subscription in this support article.

I hope this helps, and let me know if you have any other questions.

Have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star

Thank you for the reply, That worked perfectly. Unfortunately, none of the support articles or forum replies I found prior to posting explicitly point out that the 6 month free trial  would continue to work if you were to cancel. I saw some posts about the first free month which did, but wanted to clarify that this applied to the 6 month trial too. In all cases I saw references to the article you posted, but again, that was not explicit. Yours is the first post that I found that does.

Small suggestion, please add this point explicitly to that support article you linked to, so in future, customers won't need to post questions like this. 

Many Thanks

Hi @user-removed,

Thank you for your suggestion; I'm not a Spotify employee, but will pass along this feedback to the team.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star

Suggested posts