Solved!

From Free to student premium keeping playlists

Country USA

Device

Iphone 10, Mac equipment throughout

Operating System

IOS 14.4

My Question or Issue

I've had a free Spotify account for a long while.  I want to create or change it to a student premium account (at that student price).  How can I do this,,,and most importantly, have all my playlists appear on my new Student Premium account...it would be almost impossible to recreate those playlists.  

I only see an option to upgrade to premium at the non-student rate.  If I just created a new account, which offers the discounted monthly fee, How would I associate/get all my old free playlists?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @lfeiwel, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

You won't lose any saved content on your account, including playlists when you switch plans. If you're unable to see the Premium Student plan, can you let me know if you're able to switch plans here? If you're still unable to, send me a screenshot of what you're seeing and I'll take a closer look. 

If you create a new account and decide to do everything on the new account, you can transfer content from your current account to the new account here

Keep me posted on how everything goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @lfeiwel, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

You won't lose any saved content on your account, including playlists when you switch plans. If you're unable to see the Premium Student plan, can you let me know if you're able to switch plans here? If you're still unable to, send me a screenshot of what you're seeing and I'll take a closer look. 

If you create a new account and decide to do everything on the new account, you can transfer content from your current account to the new account here

Keep me posted on how everything goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts