Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

From premium (external) spotify account to premium family account - my playlists

From premium (external) spotify account to premium family account - my playlists

I have a premium account  with my Internet provider KPN. Works fine, but I want to go to a Premium for Family. My Internet provider KPN doesn't offer this, so I want to cancel it and get a Premium for Family at Spotify. If I want to upgrade on the Spotity site, I get the message that I first have to cancel my premium account at KPN. After that, I can subscribe for a Family account. But I want to keep my play list, is that possible. 

I saw a possibilty to backup my playlist, but it is a link to my premium account from KPN. When I cancel this account, still work this link?

5 Replies

Hey @KenJeep,

None of your playlists are being deleted when there are changes made to your subscription, so don't worry about upgrading to Premium for Family and losing all your playlists 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Maxim, thx for your reply. But this is not a change, first I'll have to unsubscribe my Premium account in the portal of my Internet Provider, then make a new Premium for Family in Spotify. When I unsubsribe my account, will my playlist be deleted?

None of your playlists will be deleted when there are changes made to your subscription. 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

Well, I think my Premium account will be deleted first because I'll have to cancel my account at the portal of my internet provider. After that, I am able to create a Premium for Family on the site of Spotify. Or do I see it wrong 🙂

You aren't 'cancelling' your account, all you're doing is cancelling your subscription 🙂 This does NOT affect your account's saved music, playlists etc..

MaximSpotify Star

Suggested posts