Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

From trial and premium to student premium [error 404]

Solved!

From trial and premium to student premium [error 404]

Plan

Premium

Country

Slovakia

Device

Samsung Galaxy J5

Operating System

Android 7.1

My Question or Issue

Hi, a few months ago i tried 30days free trial, then i paid full price for premium 🙂 after payment i realised i can verify my student status. Everything was great, i can have student premium whole year, but now i can't get it. When i click on website to get student premium it shows me error 404. What can i do? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @chosee1.

Thanks for trying! 

To confirm, are you using any sort of VPN?

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Hey @chosee1, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great!

Could you try getting the student discount here? If that doesn't help, could you send me a screenshot of the error message being shown (make sure to hide sensitive info)?

Let me know how this goes 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hey @Billy-J, thank you for your reply 🙂 Sure, i have tried that webside but it's same. When i click on button "GET PREMIUM" the next website is 404 error 😞  Screenshot how it looks like - https://prnt.sc/nec6j3 (i have change the language, but error is same, of course)

Maybe it's stupid question, but my full-paid premium ends today, so couldn't be that the reason of error?

Hey @chosee1.

Hmm, that's odd. Could you try using the link I provided in my last reply using a different browser or incognito mode? Let me know how that goes.

That's a great question. Even if your Premium ends today, that won't affect the 404 error or any links on the Spotify website.

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hey @Billy-J, i have tried Chrome, Opera and MS Edge, normal and incognito mode, all with same result. Maybe i can try to download the app to my laptop and try it there, or the app works same as web app? 

Also there is a screenshot as a proof, i'm not lying - https://prnt.sc/nehggt

Now I have no idea what to do...

@Billy-J , please can you help me or write anyone who can (spotify employee)? I'm really hopeless, coz I can't send message to FB or Twitter, error 504 shows me when I try to send question directly through spotify web... I don't know what to do...

Hey @chosee1.

Which stage do you get the error message? Does this happen when you click the "Get Discount" button?

Also, please try restarting his router, and if possible, try with another network connection. 

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hey  @Billy-J,

Yes it happens when i click the "Get discount" button on my profile. Also it happens when I click the "Get Premium" on this page (doesn't matter if in english or czech language)

I have tried another Internet connection (at home and on University),  I have tried it on my notebook (both Spotify web app and PC app) and phone. Every time with same result.

Marked as solution

Hey @chosee1.

Thanks for trying! 

To confirm, are you using any sort of VPN?

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hi @Billy-J ,

no I don't use VPN. It's something else... I'm trying to solve it with supports. It looks like, my account was confused, because it's registered to Slovakia, but I live in Czech and want to use discount from czech university. It's emberrassing, I know...

Thank you for all your responses 🙂 I hope I will solve it as soon as possible 🙂

Hey @chosee1.

Thanks for the reply! 

The Student Discount is available in the Czech Republic! However, you'll need a Czech payment method.

Could you try selecting the correct region in the bottom right of the page to see if that helps? If that doesn't help, you'll need to cancel the subscription and wait till it expires.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more questions 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star

Suggested posts