Premium Duo

Country

uk

Device

PC, Samsung phones

Operating System

Android Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I want to sign up for Spotify Premium Duo for my 2 children. This is a great option as its cheaper than 2 separate accounts. Myself or any other family member has no interested in getting Spotify, so the Family plan is not an option.

How do i, as the bill payer and the children's dad, sign up for Duo, but allow them access to the 2 Duo Premium accounts. I don't want access, I will just pay the bill.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Thank you. A real same.  I will be cancelling my subscription.

For others with the same question, here is the Q & A

Q. Can I, as the father, sign up for Spotify Duo and JUST be the bill payer and have NO access to ANY Spotify paid, or not, features and give the 2 separate Premium accounts that come with Duo to my children.

A. No, this is not possible

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hi there @Barlew,

thanks for reaching out !

Spotify has different subscription options for all types of needs - Family, Duo, Premium, Free and Spotify for Kids.

As each one holds different eligibility terms, I'd recommend that as a first step you read the following page to understand which account fits them the most.

In case you decided to move forward with the Duo plan, you can follow the instructions given here and create the desired account.

Let me know if you have further questions 🙂

Thanks for directing me to a 6500 word Terms of Agreement page just to answer a simple question.  Not helpful at all.  The other link just goes to the Duo help page which, again, did not answer my question.

I dont have any further questions, i have the same question:

"Can I sign up for Spotify Duo and JUST be the bill payer and have NO access to ANY Spotify paid, or not, features and give the 2 separate Premium accounts that come with Duo to my children."

Just looking for a simple YES or NO.

Hi @Barlew,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting.

Whenever you sign up for a group subscription, there has to be a main account (where the payment details are registered), and a sub-account. If they haven't created their accounts yet, they can do it from this link.

Take into account that even if you pay for the subscription, they need to set up their accounts with their own personal information. If they already have Spotify accounts, they can keep using them.

After they have their accounts, please check this article which explains the way Premium Duo works and how to easily set it up. 

Hope this clears things up. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Still not a YES or NO answer.... 

They both have accounts.  I've, as their Dad, have now signed up for Spotify Premium Duo and in my Dashboard under the Spotify Premium Duo menu it allowed me to send an invitation link.  I sent this link to my 2 children.  Remember, I DO NOT WANT ACCESS TO Spotify Premium Duo FEATURES.  The first child joined without any trouble.  The second child clicked the link and was presented with a message, 'Someone already joined this Duo plan'.

So, here's my question for a third time:

"Can I sign up for Spotify Duo and JUST be the bill payer and have NO access to ANY Spotify paid, or not, features and give the 2 separate Premium accounts that come with Duo to my children."

If the answer is YES, please give me step-by-step guidance as i cant see anything in my Dashboard to help.  If NO, im cancelling my subscription.

Hi @Barlew,

Thank you for your reply.

If you only want your two children to have access to Spotify and being a part of the Duo plan you have to start a Duo plan directly from one of your kids accounts since only two account can be a part of the plan (the one that creates the subscription and one other account that's been invited).

We hope this information cleared things up 🙂

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care! 

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂
Marked as solution

Thank you. A real same.  I will be cancelling my subscription.

For others with the same question, here is the Q & A

Q. Can I, as the father, sign up for Spotify Duo and JUST be the bill payer and have NO access to ANY Spotify paid, or not, features and give the 2 separate Premium accounts that come with Duo to my children.

A. No, this is not possible

Suggested posts