Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Get your sh*t together Spotify (aka. someone is using my account elsewhere & family members deleted)

Get your sh*t together Spotify (aka. someone is using my account elsewhere & family members deleted)

I am now facing the same god **bleep** issue as many other people here in the community: someone is using my account elsewhere via Spotify Web Connect on Google Chrome. My last heard, heavy rotation and "music you could like" Is messed up and filled with music I would never listen to (I can't stand hip hop). I have logged out from all accounts multiple times now, since my Spotify account is connected to Facebook I've changed my Facebook Password and have logged out from anywhere there as well and changed my password from an 48 char long randomly generated pw to a 64 char long. I am sure that this is not the problem so really, get**bleep** together and finally fix this issue that persists since 2015 

At the moment I am not even able to use my account as I am kicked out permanently. 

Additionally everyone in my family plan was just kicked out of it while AM TRAVELING. (With the people on my family account)

Really I know you couldn't care less if I'd cancel my account but I am currently thinking about terminating my subscription as Spotify is currently not delivering the service they are advertising and that I am paying for. 

Plan

Premium Family

Country

Austria

Device

OnePlus 5

Operating System

Android Pie

9 Replies

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that you think someone else has gained access to your Spotify account. Check out this Spotify Answer for the next steps to take.

Thanks!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

You are one of those generic answer spammers aren't you? I already have signed out from all devices, I already have changed my password to one that is not bruteforceable (64 char, upper-, lowercase, numbers and symbols in random order) so the problem is not on my side. 

BTW the same thing has happened seven times in the last 2 days so **bleep**ung fix that or give me my money back .

If you believe that you've already done all the steps that are listed in the articles, then I'd recommend reaching out to Support again, so that they can secure your account one more time. 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

"make your account secure again". The job of Spotifys engineers would be to design the software secure in the first place. I mean this issue exists since 2015 and still is not fixed. If the development team can't fix it, then they should think about hiring new developers. If I had such a severe bug/issue in the shoftware that I am developing, I would've been fired a long time ago. 

Also this is not really about making my account save but more about raising awareness that this issue still exists. 

Hey @dsteiner1992,

Your concerns have been passed onto the right team. You can check out this support article for tips on how to protect your account.

I would also like to remind you that Support can revert the libary and playlists to an earlier date, so you won't lose any music.

MaximSpotify Star

I have the same issue and I also have done all the things (log out, change password....)

I have a premium so I would like to use it properly otherwise I will demand my money back.

Hey there @Ritterqa,

Thanks for posting about this in the Community.

If you haven't already, we'd recommend taking a look at this support site article and making sure to follow all the steps provided, including reaching out to us. This way, our support teams can take a closer look backstage for you.

Let us know how you get on 🙂

KaterinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hello Katerina, 

As you might have read, we have already followed the recomended steps - also the linked FAQ Page has nothing to do with my problem - I can log in, I can use Spotify and no one has changed anything. Its just someone who is using my account via Spotify Web Connect. 

Hey @dsteiner1992.

Thanks for getting back to us, and apologies for the confusion.

If you've tried all the steps in the article, then the best thing to do is to get in touch with our Customer Support team here. They will be able to help secure your account so that this doesn't happen to you again.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you need any further help with this - we'll be right here.

Suggested posts