Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Getting a premium subscription in the UAE

Solved!

Getting a premium subscription in the UAE

I live in the UAE and would like to get Spotify Premium. I know this subscription costs AED 19.99 per month (roughly USD 5). However, when I click 'Get Premium' on the Spotify homepage, I'm taking to a page which says I'll be charged USD 9.99 per month.

Anyone know why this is and how I can get Premium at the UAE price? Maybe it's a glitch with Spotify UAE's website? Screenshots are attached for reference

screenshot 1.JPG
screenshot 2.JPG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @mayadubai and welcome to the Community! 🙂

By chance, are you already registered for Spotify Premium or Free? If so, the first thing I can think of is confirming what country is showing on your account page. Spotify has a support article located here just for country related questions.

If that doesn't seem to be the case, I also recommend trying an incognito window/private browsing session and see if that makes a difference.

I hope this was helpful and have a wonderful day! 🙂

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @mayadubai and welcome to the Community! 🙂

By chance, are you already registered for Spotify Premium or Free? If so, the first thing I can think of is confirming what country is showing on your account page. Spotify has a support article located here just for country related questions.

If that doesn't seem to be the case, I also recommend trying an incognito window/private browsing session and see if that makes a difference.

I hope this was helpful and have a wonderful day! 🙂

Thank you so much Bethany, that worked! I've subscribed to Premium 🙂

Hi @mayadubai ! 

That's really great to hear and you're very welcome. Enjoy your music! 😄

I'm having the same problem. Recently moved to UAE. I'm trying to change my old credit card number to the one from here, and when I change the card, it tells me that I should change country. When I press UAE, it shows me a screen that says that they are going to charge me EUR 9.99 instead of the AED 19.99. 

Im already a Premium member. I also tried in an incognito window.

Can you help me please?

Hello can anybody help me.

i currently live in the philippines and i want to subscribe to family premium but i will use uae credit card. would that be ok since family premium in uae is not applicable. and if its ok. can i add my sister who is in uae to our family premium?

Hello @Asd12310,

Glad to have you on the Community! We're happy to shed some light on the situation.

If you've permanently moved to another country, you'll need to update your country settings and change your payment method to one that's been issued in your new country. So, if you live in the Philippines now, it won't be possible to use a credit card that was issued in the UAE.

In order to be eligible for the discounted Premium Family subscription, the plan manager and the family members must be residing at the same address. Therefore, your sister won't be able to join your plan if she's living in another country. Head here for full info on how Premium Family works.

Hope this answers your questions. Give us a shout if there's anything else you need help with 🙂

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts