Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Getting charged for family and premium subscription?!

Solved!

Getting charged for family and premium subscription?!

Hi, I had the £9.99 premium account for the past year or so. I've moved in with my partner and she's moved me onto a family account. For the past two months the family subscription AND the £9.99 payments have come out of my bank. I have checked my subscription and it is telling me I am on the family subscription which is correct so why am I still getting charged £9.99 a month? Please help! Can I just cancel this at my bank?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey S2208,

Not to worry, I am glad you got the issue resolved. You are more than welcome! 🙂

If you have any questions or issues in the future you know were I am. 

And thanks for letting me know.

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos! 

Robert_WRock Star 11
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hello S2208,

If you have been charged for for the single premuim subscription while being currently on the family plan it sound's like you may have two account's. 

In any case it is best to get your account for the single subscription cancelled. So in that case it is best you cancell it with your bank.

If after this you need further help with this issue please contact spotify support @SpotifyCares on Twitter or Facebook.  If you do not have Facebook or Twitter please use  this contact form.

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos! 

Robert_WRock Star 11

Hi thank you so much for your reply! Turns out I'm an idiot and I did have two accounts 🙈. I've now cancelled the single one! Thanks again! 🙂
Marked as solution

Hey S2208,

Not to worry, I am glad you got the issue resolved. You are more than welcome! 🙂

If you have any questions or issues in the future you know were I am. 

And thanks for letting me know.

Robert_WRock Star 11

How do you check if you have multiple accounts? The same thing is happening for me and my siblings.

Hi,

I went on Spotify on my ipad and realised it had a different username to the family one... So I discovered I had two accounts just by chance really.. I'd accidentally given my girlfriend a different and new username to go on the family one so it created two accounts, keeping my old premium account... Hope you find your other account!! If not I would just cancel the payments with your bank and start again. Sorry I can't be of any more help!

Hey @defygravity225!

To check if you have more than one Spotify account please see the link below:

https://support.spotify.com/us/account_payment_help/account_help/do-i-have-an-additional-account/

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Robert_WRock Star 11

Suggested posts