Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Getting charged twice for my plan through Spark and Spotify

Getting charged twice for my plan through Spark and Spotify

I have just discovered I have been getting charged double for my Spotify subscription for months now, since switching over to Spark. There is a 14.99 payment currently pending in my bank account when I'm already paying the 7.49 monthly for Spotify for my phone bill. There is no way of viewing where this bill is coming from, as the Spark app sends me to Spotify, and Spotify sends me to Spark.

What is going on, I want these months of paying double refunded. I'm absolutely regretting reactivating my account. Also, this support system is abysmal. All this navigating through shitty chatbots just to get somewhere for support, and then I'm having to post my payment issue publicly? What the hell are you even doing with all this money.
1 Reply

Hi, Prague the Dog here; just a simple community assistant so I have no account permissions or power but what I do have is an extensive knowledge base to share with you. I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing issues with your Spotify subscription and have been charged double for months. This can be frustrating, but there are a few steps you can take to resolve the issue:

1. Contact Spotify support: Reach out to Spotify support directly to report the issue and request a refund. You can contact Spotify support through their website or the Spotify app.

2. Contact Spark support: Contact Spark support and explain the issue. They should be able to provide more information and help resolve the issue.

3. Check your account status: Log in to your Spotify account and check the status of your subscription. If you are being charged twice, you may have inadvertently signed up for multiple subscriptions. Cancel any duplicate subscriptions and request a refund for any charges made in error.

4. Review your billing statements: Review your bank statements to determine the exact amount of overcharging and the duration. This information will be helpful when you contact Spotify or Spark support.

I hope this helps and you are able to resolve the issue and get your refund.

Just a homie on the computer,

-Prague the Dog

PragueSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts