Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Gift Card Date Entry

Solved!

Gift Card Date Entry

Hey Everybody,giftcard, Subscription, Other

Trying to purchase a gift card for someone and when I got to enter the date of delivery it says "invalid format." I've entered a lot of different formats all to the same conclusion. Suggestions?

-B

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

xxxx-xx-xx

year-month-day

I'm sending mine today, so I entered it as:

2015-12-10

(I checked their date format they use when a song is added to a playlist.)

Spotify's gettin' sloppy...

View solution in original post

Screen Shot 2015-12-10 at 11.15.58 AM.png
22 Replies
Marked as solution

xxxx-xx-xx

year-month-day

I'm sending mine today, so I entered it as:

2015-12-10

(I checked their date format they use when a song is added to a playlist.)

Spotify's gettin' sloppy...

Screen Shot 2015-12-10 at 11.15.58 AM.png

^^ Wow. Just wow. How does this pass QA? So many things wrong here.

All it needs is an example in the error message--Soooooooo simple.

THANK YOU for posting this! I could not figure out how to enter the date. Putting the year first is totally counter intuitive!

A simple calendar pop out would be a solution...

Thanks for the info though!

Merry Xmas!

Agreed, why make this complicated and not help. Muppets!

Thanks for posting the solution. I tried so many different combinations. Who puts the year first!!

Is there any way you can submit this obvious omission to the spotify team?

I can't believe this still hasn't been fixed. Does anyone know how to contact Spotify directly?  

These people don't deserve our money if they can't manage the most simple piece of usability - a google search to guess a date format is madness! If it wasn't a gift for my son I would have given up long ago!

Why was this so hard to find!!!

smh

This is absolute insanity of the highest order - a 30 second fix to the error message, if that.

I've tweeted about this to them again, as well as filling out a contact form. Such an oversight!

Still not fixed. Drove me nuts. 

Anyone know how long it takes to receive the giftcard if you leave the date field blank?

Ok, Spotify, this is ridiculous. Two years passed and the problem has not been fixed. I wanted to buy a gift card for my friend but could not do it because of the stupid date entry field.

Thanks Google, we can all search for solutions online. However, I am sick of bad UX and sloppy interfaces. You have just lost a customer. I will buys something else.

Hey @Davyd@1216694484@Pig_Cabbage @FinNic & @mary1028,

I have had this checked out and it all seems to be working in order now.

If anyone comes across this issue again please can you let me know and I will see what else can be done.

With reference to the calender suggestion. I think that is a great idea! And would recommend that this be posted on the ideas board here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ideas/ct-p/newideas  🙂

All the best everyone!

Robert_WRock Star 11
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts