Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Gift Card Won’t Activate

Gift Card Won’t Activate

Country

Canada

My Question or Issue

I’ve been trying to activate a 6 month gift card my sister had bought for me in August, but every time I try to enter the code in, it gives me the message of, “Something went wrong. Please try again or go to our support.”

I’ve attempted this on both my laptop’s Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge, and my phone’s Safari, but it all had the same message. I believe I did try removing my Google Chrome’s cache, too, though I’m not the best with technology so I can’t say for sure. If you have some advice or tips or anything of the like, please help me out!

Thank you for reading! 

3 Replies

Hey @corbenary, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Could you try redeeming your gift card here using a different browser or private window?

If that doesn't help, try following all of the steps provided in this support article > Not working? section.
Additionally, attach a screenshot of the error message you're seeing if the problem persists. Make sure to hide sensitive information when posting to the Community.

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you for the response!

I tried out your instructions, but have had no luck. The issue persists giving me either the, “Something went wrong” message, or, a bit rarer — “The CSRF token is invalid.” 

(Though, I admittedly have no clue what the latter means ^^;;)

775565DF-7846-4965-B061-3A350C603190.png

Hey @corbenary,

Thanks for trying! For this particular case, I'd recommend getting in touch with Customer Support. They'll take a look and do their best to help.

Have a nice day!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts