Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Gift Card Won't Redeem

Solved!

Gift Card Won't Redeem

I received a $60 Spotify gift card through Discover cash back.  My friend who has a personal Spotify premium subscription is not able to get the card to work.  He has tried his account zip code, my account zip code, and my Discover credit card zip code and none of them work.  All of them say "Something went wrong."

What do I need to do in order for my friend to redeem the gift card I have given him?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @RPB3

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

To redeem a Spotify gift card:

1. Log in to spotify.com/redeem
  2. Enter the PIN on the back of the card, or the code from your receipt.
  3. Click Redeem.

Keep in mind that:

• Gift cards are not redeemable in conjunction with other discounts or promotions, such as Premium Family, Premium Students, or trial offers.
  • Spotify gift cards can only be redeemed on Spotify accounts registered in the same country where they were purchased.
  • Other Terms and Conditions may apply.

If your friend is eligible but can't redeem the gift card, make sure to follow all the relevant steps provided in this support article

I hope it helps! 

View solution in original post

18 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @RPB3

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

To redeem a Spotify gift card:

1. Log in to spotify.com/redeem
  2. Enter the PIN on the back of the card, or the code from your receipt.
  3. Click Redeem.

Keep in mind that:

• Gift cards are not redeemable in conjunction with other discounts or promotions, such as Premium Family, Premium Students, or trial offers.
  • Spotify gift cards can only be redeemed on Spotify accounts registered in the same country where they were purchased.
  • Other Terms and Conditions may apply.

If your friend is eligible but can't redeem the gift card, make sure to follow all the relevant steps provided in this support article

I hope it helps! 

The other steps state:

• Check that the country registered to your account is the same as where the gift card was purchased.
    Tip: Check out our guide to changing your country settings.
  • Make sure you enter the code correctly. For example: try 0 (zero) instead of O, and I instead of l (lower case L). If your code has been damaged and you can no longer read it, contact us and we can help.
  • If you bought your gift card from a store, it might not have been activated when purchased. Please return to the store and ask them to activate it.
  • Check the code hasn’t already been redeemed. You can check this on your account page. You can also check to see if you have any other accounts you might have applied it to.
  • Codes are not redeemable for Premium for Family or in conjunction with other discounts and promotions.

He is a US citizen, registered in the US, and Discover card was redeemed in the US.

The code values being different isn't an issue as it's a direct copy/paste from the PDF certificate.

Didn't buy it from a store.

Code hasn't been redeemed as it's not showing on an account.

He has an individual premium account with no discount or promotion.

Hi @RPB3

Thanks for your response!

In this case, I'd recommend reaching to Customer Support. 

You can find the link in the article I linked before. The contact form is provided in the second step. 

Let me know if you have any other questions! 

The "Contact Us" form takes me to a maze of options. Once selecting gift cards, it takes me to the linked article, which has a "Contact Us" option, which takes me back to the same spot in a never ending loop. Very frustrating.

Hello @RPB3

Please, try these steps:

• Go to the contact form, 
  • Select Subscription
  • Choose Other
  • Click I STILL NEED HELP (you can find it at the bottom, it's a blue button), 
  • Provide all info needed and describe your issue, 
  • Click SEND QUESTION

There you can chat live to one of Spotify's customer support advisors. If the chat advisors are busy helping other customers, they'll email you back as soon as they can.

Feel free to ask anything! 

It seems like they still run this problem.

Got a Gift card €10 from my country and it's still can not redeem.

"Code is not valid, try again or contact support".

I got also Google Play card same time and both were activated by the seller and Google card works.

I want to pay Spotify cash, how I can redeem this 1 month card?

Hi there @vaajy,

Thanks for the post.

Please check this support article for helpful tips on redeeming your gift card if entering the code in the activator doesn't work off the bat.

In the article you'll also find how to contact our support team if necessary. They'll be able to activate the code backstage, if it's possible.

Hope this helps 🙂

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi.

Messaged yesterday, I can not redeem code still no matter what I try.

The code is €10, subscription fee is €10,99, is this something to do? I think the redeem process should not be that hard.

I hope customer email will answer with prompt solution.

Someone answered me and she fixed it.

Perhaps the code was not properly activated on your side. Now one Premium month extended.

I will keep buying these cards as it seems to be more affordable and I have plenty of cash.

I deposit bottles which I find on local beaches and other places listening Premium music.

Using this money I buy Premium months for "free". The bottle throwers pay it for me 😄

Thank you for the fast help! I was out of ideas it couldn't redeem.

Also it seemed that last was not zero 0 but big O. I tried them both, but now it works.

Hey @vaajy,

Thanks for the heads up.

We're glad to know you're able to enjoy your Premium time now.

Remember the Community is here in case you ever need anything else. 

Have a great day!

AndresMModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

I would like to add something.  I have a Spotify Individual acct and use the Spotify gift cards often. I have to cancel my subscription in order to use my new gift card.  I don't think the Spotify gift cards work for the other plans. Absolutely stupid if you ask me.  I have not tried a Visa or Discover Gift card yet.

If I’m on a 12 month card do I need to be on the last month to redeem another?

Hey @cefm,

Thanks for the question!

No, you don't have to be on the last month left, you can simply redeem the new gift card and the Premium-time from it will start when the current Premium-time expires. It's worth mentioning that you can stack up to 18 months of Premium and you have to wait to redeem another one if that's the case.

Hope this helps 🙂

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

My old expired Credit Card was the one on file for monthly payments before I got the 1st annual card 2 in 2022, and my previous card was good until March 2024. It kept telling me that the code could not be redeemed with my subscription, on an individual one. I just updated the credit card on file then it let me redeem the code.

Am all good now until 2025 🙂

No es posible ingresar código

Por error arranque el codigo de mi tarjeta de regalo, puedo recuperarlo.con el número de serie ?

Quize decir q por error borre el código 

Como puedo recuperarlo 

Suggested posts