Free/Premium

Country

Malaysia

Device

(Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime)

Operating System

(Android)

My Question or Issue

Since I'm a student with no credit card, my source of Spotify Premium has been through the gift cards at my local 7-Eleven but the card I bought today has not allowed me to redeem my Spotify Premium and it has repeatedly claim that the code is invalid. I buy a gift card every month on time so I do not have to re-download all my songs again but I have exceeded the time and my account is no longer premium. I honestly don't see the point of going all the way to buy another card if this doesn't work anymore eventhough I use Spotify on a daily basis.

1 Reply

Hey @user-removed, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great! 

Sorry to hear this. Let's check these things first to make sure you're entering this code correctly. 

• Check that the country registered to your account is the same as where the gift card was purchased.
  • Make sure you enter the code correctly. For example: try 0 (zero) instead of O, and I instead of l (lower case L).
  • If you bought your gift card from a store, it might not have been activated when purchased. Please return to the store and ask them to activate it.
  • Codes are not redeemable for Premium for Family or in conjunction with other discounts and promotions.

If none of that above helped, could you try redeeming your gift card using a different browser or incognito mode? If you're still having trouble, please send me a screenshot of the error message being shown (make sure to hide sensitive info when posting to the community).

Let me know how this goes 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts