Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Gift cards and family plan problem

Gift cards and family plan problem

My Question or Issue

Our family of four has been using the free service until i decided to buy them each a $30 spotify gift card at Xmas so they could each have Premium for three months. Then i realized it would be better to sign up for the Family Premium, thinking i would just put the $30 gift cards toward the membership, not realizing the gift cards weren't worth $30, but strictly just a three month individual membership. So any advice on how to go forward. i have spent $90 on the three gift cards that can't be used unless i cancel my family premium and everyone signs up individually for three months and then we all go back on the family plan.  Any other ideas? Super frustrating.

3 Replies

Hey @ErinW2, and welcome to the community. 

Hope you’re doing great!

I understand your frustration. Right now, Gift Cards can be used to upgrade your account to Premium. They unfortunately cannot be used for Premium for Family plans at the moment.

• Spotify currently only allows recurring payment methods for the Premium for Family plan.
  • Gift/e-cards are valid for 12 months from date of purchase, and are not redeemable in conjunction with other discounts or promotions, such as the Premium for Family, student discount, or trial offers. 

I hope that clairifies things! 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks so much!

Hey, @ErinW2

You’re very welcome! If you need help with anything else, just let me know what’s going on and I’ll be happy to help.

Have a nice day 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts