Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Giftcard pin code is invalid

Giftcard pin code is invalid

Hi,

I bought a 30 euro giftcard, code is invalid. Shop said they activivated it. What now? help!

6 Replies

@FlyingFart - First thing to do is have a good look at the code. They often have numbers and letters that look very similar and they are case sensitive. It's worth double checking as it is so easy to make a mistake when entering the code. 

If you are still having issues, get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form with the code in the message and they can look into it further for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have a Spotify gift card (received today for Christmas) which was purchased at 9:45am on 22 December 2014 from Big W in Sydney. The receipt shows the last 4 digits of the gift card (9781) and an approval code (607832300). But when I tried to redeem it (more than 20 times on my iphone and laptop), I always get the message "Unfortunately this Premium code does not seem to be valid...".  But it IS valid. My wife paid $36 which is confirmed by the receipt, and it was APPROVED with an approval code. What is wrong?  The PIN is 13 digits, all in capitals (with some numbers), without any dashes but with spaces after each 3 digits (until the last 4 digits). I have tried entering it with and without the spaces.  Nothing works!  I emailed Spotify several hours ago but nothing was done. Thanks, mhutchz

@mhutchz 

If you got an automated reply from Spotify, you need to reply to it so your message will be seen.

Spotify usually tries to respond within 24-48 hours, but since it is currently the holidays, it will probably take longer for them to reply. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I know this is way later, but seeing as I had this same problem and this popped up when I googled it... nothing was working for me until I chatted with customer service online and they suggested I try redeeming my code in a private window or incognito mode. when I did that it worked perfectly! it's worth a try for anyone who may be experiencing the same issue.

I have the same type of code. what did you do to get it to work?

I've tried everything and i don't know what to do now

Hey there @MiiLikey!

Thanks for reaching out to us.

If you've checked that you're entering the correct code and you've given it a shot in an incognito window, we'd recommend trying it on a different device and turning off your VPN if you're using one.

Keep in mind that you can redeem a gift card only with the Premium Individual subscription and you can't have more than 18 Premium months queued up at once.

If your issue still persists, you can reach out to our support here and they will help you further.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts