Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Going to upgrade to family premium, will existing users lose playlists?

Solved!

Going to upgrade to family premium, will existing users lose playlists?

Plan

Free TO Premium

Country

My Question or Issue

Hello,

So I have daughter who uses free Spotify on her phone. I'm guessing her playlists and favourites are connected to her login details (email address/password).

I would like to buy the family premium package.

Is there a way of giving her access to the premium spotify, but retain her personal stuff? I don't really want to pay for it via her account profile, as I want to get billing info.

Cheers!

Chris

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Bikerchris

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

No worries, your daughter won't lose any of her music when she joins your Premium Family plan. 

Just make sure when she accepts the invite, she uses her existing account and instead of creating a new one. 

While subscribing to Family Premium, use your Spotify account and you will be able to handle the payments as a plan manager. 

More details on how to start Premium Family subscription and how to add your family members can be found here

I hope you'll find this helpful! 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @Bikerchris

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

No worries, your daughter won't lose any of her music when she joins your Premium Family plan. 

Just make sure when she accepts the invite, she uses her existing account and instead of creating a new one. 

While subscribing to Family Premium, use your Spotify account and you will be able to handle the payments as a plan manager. 

More details on how to start Premium Family subscription and how to add your family members can be found here

I hope you'll find this helpful! 

Hi Emilia,

Thank you for such a prompt response, very much appreciated.

I will subscribe soon and take your advice when she is included in the account.

Very much appreciated!

Chris

Hello @Bikerchris

You're welcome!

I'm glad I was able to help 🙂

Thank you for accepting my answer as solution.

Have a great day! 

👍 You have a great day too, much deserved! 

Suggested posts