Google Home Mini Deal Validation Error

Highlighted

Google Home Mini Deal Validation Error

dinob

I ordered a Home Mini with the new promotion from Spotify, the transaction went through and my one-time promo code was used but then I got an email stating "We had to cancel your order because we were unable to validate some of your information." I contacted Google and they said to ask Spotify for another code. How do I get another code or redeem my subscription fee?

19 Replies

Re: Google Home Mini Deal Validation Error

kevin990
Casual Listener

I had the same exact problem! So I ended up switching my emails and trying it again maybe an issue with the email I used. But I wasn't able to reorder on my other email with the discount automatically applying. Contacted google after a 30-45min hold and a 10 minute talk and they told me to contact spotify. I emailed them and i'm waiting for a response for a code or a refund for my new subscription. I spent way too much time on this.

zoob_04
Casual Listener

I had the exact same discussion with google and the same issue with the email address. Is there an email contact for spotify? I was unable to find a way to contact them directly! 

Cheeseburgers
Casual Listener

This same situation happened to me. I signed up yesterday for Spotify again after a hiatus, and also ordered a free Google Home Mini with the link to redeem. The transaction went through and the one-time promo code was also used. Shortly after, I received the same email stating "We had to cancel your order because we were unable to validate some of your information." I contacted Google support - After a 2 minute wait to connect to a Google assistant named Bella, it was a 39 minute chat/wait/chat/wait/wait/"I'll escalate this and get back to you in 24-48 hours" response. They said to also ask Spotify for a new link or promo code to redeem the free Google Home Mini. I've emailed Spotify for help or a complete refund of my subscription. No word from them yet. 

This has definitely taken up much more time than I would've liked. Spotify, please help rectify this situation ASAP.

StephenP94
Regular

This is the exact same situation that happened to me as well. I believe my billing address was entered incorrectly so Google cancelled the order and now I can't apply the discount anymore. Has anyone gotten any help on this situation?

kevin990
Casual Listener
This the response I got haha looks like they didn’t even read my email:

“Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch!

If you're trying to redeem the Google Home Mini offer you must have a
full-price, individual, and recurring Premium subscription.

If you’re on a Premium trial, you can claim your Google Home Mini (subject
to availability) when your trial is complete and you’ve started your
full-price subscription.

We're also aware people are experiencing a delay receiving an email with
next steps for redeeming the offer.

We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Thanks,
Spotify support”

I replied and waiting for a response I didnt think customer service was
like this. They haven't solved my issue yet.

StephenP94
Regular

I got the exact same email. I don't think our issue is going to get solved. This is a complete joke. 

RagtimeBetty
Casual Listener

I have the full premium and didnt even get an email

r2dd1ck
Casual Listener

same hère full premium no email ...

DoctorLuv

I received an email saying that my order was cancelled because my information couldn’t be validated... Now I’m not able to redeem the mini again. Just emailed google but after reading the comment about saying that they tell you to contact Spotify, I’m a little stumped because I know they don’t have a customer service contact. Any suggestions on what to do? 

SUGGESTED POSTS