Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Google Home Mini For Students Promo Code Not Sent/Working?

Solved!

Google Home Mini For Students Promo Code Not Sent/Working?

Plan

Student Premium Plan

Country

United States

My Question or Issue

Hello, all, hopefully you can help me out.

I'm having some issues in getting the free Google Home Mini available to Student Premium accounts, namely that I never received a discount code. I did receive an email telling me "Your Google Home Mini is now available," which eventually to the check-out page. This is where the main issue arose.

Leading up to the check out, the page read:"Your discount for the full cost of the device will be automatically applied at checkout," but after selecting the desired color of the unit and arriving at the check out page, the final price still read out to over $50 instead of free.

I haven't yet progressed past this part since I'm not sure if this will actually charge the displayed amount to my account. Is the discount simply applied after selecting "Confirm Purchase," or have I actually missed a crucial step?

Extra: I have scoured my emails and found no mention of a promo code from Google or Spotify, and I have verified that my Google and Spotify accounts are properly linked to each other. Moreover, I redeemed my offer and received the "Your Google Home Mini is now available" email before the window closed, so I know I should still be eligible to receive the product. 

Any input on this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thank you and Happy New Year!

screenshot.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @TheRealDenali!
The code should be automatically applied, even when customers just load the redeeming link. While users will see the full price of the device during ordering, after clicking "Check Out" the discount should be applied. Based on the your screenshots, it looks like the code wasn't applied though.
Are you sure your code wasn't already used? You can check that here.
And if you're sure the code wasn't already used, then try opening the link in an incognito or private window to see if that does the trick.
Hope I could help, keep me posted! Have a nice day 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @TheRealDenali!
The code should be automatically applied, even when customers just load the redeeming link. While users will see the full price of the device during ordering, after clicking "Check Out" the discount should be applied. Based on the your screenshots, it looks like the code wasn't applied though.
Are you sure your code wasn't already used? You can check that here.
And if you're sure the code wasn't already used, then try opening the link in an incognito or private window to see if that does the trick.
Hope I could help, keep me posted! Have a nice day 🙂

@mosohodPeti, As per your advice, I followed the email link while in Incognito Mode, and it successfully applied the discount! Thank you so much, and have a great day! 

Annotation 2020-01-07 161331.jpg

Glad I could help, enjoy your Google Home mini! 🙂 

Suggested posts