Premium Family

USA

Device

Google Pixel 3 XL
Macbook Pro

Operating System

Android 10, iOS

My Question or Issue

I meet all of the following criteria but it says I'm inelligible.

Here are some reasons why your account might not be eligible:

• You subscribe to Spotify Premium through a partner. - I subscribe directly through spotify
  • You don’t currently have an eligible Spotify Premium account. - I pay via recurring payment via Paypal, 14.99 + tax
  • You don’t have a US Spotify Premium account. - I have a US Premium Family Account and am clicking the following link
  • You’ve already redeemed a Google Home Mini through a previous Spotify offer. - I have not
44 Replies

I'm getting the exact same error with the same stated reasons, none of which apply to me. Family plan, in the US, paid up to date with a recurring charge directly from Spotify, never redeemed an offer like this before.

I'm having the same issue and I'm utterly bewildered. I actually utilized Spotify's live chat function and was in contact with someone in customer service, but that person told me I needed to reach out to someone at the Google store (which makes no sense to me). 

I'm having the same issue as well. I've read the T&C at least 3 times and can't understand why I'm getting the same message that you posted. I'm so frustrated because I don't want to miss out on the offer.

I'm seeing the same issue with an Individual Premium plan. I meet all of the crietria, but I have't been able to redeem.

Ditto! I get the same ineligibility message but meet all of the requirements - extremely frustrating....

I am also getting the same response and am fully qualified.

If you have a Premium Family Plan, you must be the primary account holder in order to qualify.

Are you the primary account holder?

Yes I am the primary family account holder.

Yes, I'm on an individual plan and I am the primary account holder.

Yes, I am. My daughter is the other one, but I'm the primary. I got a
response back from customer service, and they said I already claimed the
Google Home. But I never did and don't have one!

Really frustrating...

yes I am.. Its just me and my husband. I am the account manager and he is the account member.

Same thing here. By the time Sporify responds, the offer woult be over. I had a family account for over a year

So, customer service just got back to me again and said they "can confirm you've redeemed a code to claim a Google Home Mini as part of your plan in the past. You can check previous orders by going to the Order History page on the Google Store website at https://store.google.com/orderhistory?hl=en-US."

I went to that page, logged in and confirmed that that only thing I've ever bought on there was a Chromecast dongle on October 10, 2017. (According to Wikipedia, the Google Home Mini was released on October 19, 2017.)

But I ordered. no. Google. Home. Mini.

I think a switch to Amazon Music Ultimate is in order....

Ditto to the same issue.

Primary account holder of family premium plan.

Subscribed through Spotify.

In the US.

Never ordered/redeemed a google mini before.

I have no orders at all

Same issue, I ordered a Chromecast in 2017 but never a Google Home Mini. Here's my conversation with Spotify in Twitter DMs if anyone's curious what they say about this, they eventually just blew me off.

Spotify1.pngSpotify2.png

Haha... "SpotifyCares"...

I reached out to Google Store support and they told me to reach out to Spotify.  It's just a big loop.

Same problem! I have been paying for premium since like 2013. I can't find any reason my account would be inelligible.

Suggested posts