Google Home Mini Offer says ineligible, but I meet all criteria

Highlighted

Re: Google Home Mini Offer says ineligible, but I meet all criteria

Casual Listener

I just received an email from customer support and, shockingly, they apologized and sent me a new code/link to redeem.  I just tried it and it worked.  It initially showed $49 options but, when I selected, added to cart and proceeded to checkout, it showed the promo of -$49 with a total of $0.00.  Not sure what changed but obviously they realized I had never redeemed the offer previously.  

Will wait to see if I actually recieve it and also keep a close eye on my account going forward.  Best of luck to all and I hope everyone is able to redeem the offer!

Highlighted

Regular

The same thing happened to me. Spotify just sent me the new promo code. Maybe a data breach was the cause. Also, I had to re-click the promo link after I entered my shipping info to get the discount. If anyone else gets this promo, make sure the order confirmation page shows the -$49 discount before you confim the purchase!

Highlighted

Casual Listener
Just wanted to update this as well: Spotify also sent me a new promo link via email in response to my support ticket.

Was worried at first - all colors said out of stock - but kept on refreshing until one showed up.

Good luck redeeming, everyone, and thanks everyone in this thread for the shared experiences and advice.
Highlighted

Visitor

If that is true that you have to be the Primary account holder then why isn't that number 5 on the list of possible reasons it isn't working!!!!!!!

Highlighted

I'm also having this same issue. I meet the criteria but it's saying I'm ineligible..  So frustrating

Highlighted

Casual Listener

its doing this to me too, but I paid for my subscription months ago with gift cards. which here

https://support.spotify.com/us/account_payment_help/subscription_information/free-google-home-mini-o...

it says that makes you ineligible. so that's dumb.

Highlighted

Visitor
Hey all! I had the same problem and contacted Spotify customer support. For me, it ended up being an easy fix: just try opening the link in an incognito window! For some weird reason, it totally worked. Hope this helps most of you!
Highlighted

I'm getting the exact same error with the same stated reasons, none of which apply to me. Family plan, in the US, paid up to date with a recurring charge directly from Spotify, never redeemed an offer like this before.
Highlighted

Casual Listener

I was also getting this error when trying to redeem it by following the links on the offer web page (https://support.spotify.com/us/account_payment_help/subscription_options/free-google-home-mini-offer...), but once I located the offer email in my inbox and clicked on that link, it worked.

Highlighted

Hey @khollis7 - help's here!

Could you let us know if you're currently on a three-month Premium trial?

If so, you'll need to forfeit the trial (cancel subscription here) and revert to free before redeeming the GHM offer.

Keep us posted 🙂

PeterModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

SUGGESTED POSTS