Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Google Home Mini Offer says ineligible, but I meet all criteria

Google Home Mini Offer says ineligible, but I meet all criteria

Plan

Premium Family

USA

Device

Google Pixel 3 XL
Macbook Pro

Operating System

Android 10, iOS

My Question or Issue

I meet all of the following criteria but it says I'm inelligible.

Here are some reasons why your account might not be eligible:

• You subscribe to Spotify Premium through a partner. - I subscribe directly through spotify
  • You don’t currently have an eligible Spotify Premium account. - I pay via recurring payment via Paypal, 14.99 + tax
  • You don’t have a US Spotify Premium account. - I have a US Premium Family Account and am clicking the following link
  • You’ve already redeemed a Google Home Mini through a previous Spotify offer. - I have not
44 Replies

I get this error message. "We couldn’t confirm your eligibility for a Google Home Mini.

Make sure you’ve logged in with the right account."
I know that I am eligible and the correct account is listed.
I hope they can solve this issue as I have found no way to communicate the problem directly with Spotify.

I eventually got mine, the thing is marginally better than the iphone speaker. Wish I hadn't bothered with it.

Same issue here:

Your account is not eligible for a Google Home Mini

Here are some reasons why your account might not be eligible:

• You subscribe to Spotify Premium through a partner. - Signed up thru spotify
  • You don’t currently have an eligible Spotify Premium account. - Premium Family Plan
  • Your Spotify Premium account is not based in the United States. - Live in Ohio, so...
  • You pay for Spotify Premium with a gift card. - I wish my credit card was a gift card, however it is still just a credit card with recurring payments setup.
  • You’ve already redeemed a Google Home Mini through a previous Spotify offer. - Not accurate, never got an offer like this, nor have i redeemed any such promotion.

Hello everyone - I had the same issue and just chatted with CS and was able to get THE FIX! Its a browser error/issue.

1. It is best to try to claim from a computer vs. phone. 

2. If you are using a Safari Browser (MAC) - you will need to open "Private/incognito window" first.

3. Then open a new window/tab (still within the incognito/private browser) go to your email and click on the TAB within it to claim your Google Mini offer. 

**FROM CHAT** - Please try to open your browser's private/incognito window, log in to Spotify and then then try this link: http://www.spotify.com/us/googlehome/redeem

4. Login to Spotify and follow through the prompts to check out.

*** It will automatically place a GRAY Google Mini in your Cart along with a $49.00 charge*** this is most likely a flag that it is not working quite yet. If it is working right, you should see a "promo discount"that removes the $49.00 to $0.00

IF YOU DO NOT - refresh your screen - or repaste the link above in the browser - you may need to start over. *I had to do this process more than once* 

IF IT IS WORKING CORRECTLY - you will see the Discount in your Cart AND you should see a screen to Select a Google Mini color - it will not say out of stock!

EX: I selected the Dark Charcoal and before it said all other colors out of stock 

Hit "Check Out" AND make sure you get a confirmation page

*** I had to do this TWICE! ***

Screen shot your ORDER # as well. Should be free shipping - and charge $0.00 

I hope this helps, you may need to play around with it based on Browser type etc, but please add/share any additonal hacks to this post!! 

I had a different issue with my promotion availability where when purchasing my order the promo wasn't working because the google store thought I had already used it when I hadn't.  I went to google store help, clicked through the options, requested a "call back", put down my email and cell phone number, and explainded my issue online and then got a call in less than a minute and the woman on the phone (real person, not a bot) walked me through the whole thing and now my order is on it's way! I don't think it's the exact same issue as yours, but if the spotify side of things isn't helpful, I'd reccommend trying to contact google store help because they were awesome! 

Suggested posts