Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Google Home Mini order cancelled

Google Home Mini order cancelled

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

My Question or Issue

Hey folks,

As many of you did as well I excitedly wanted to redeem my Google Home Mini promo yesterday. I went through the process, all worlwo fine. Just today I realized that auto fill had put in a wrong address for me. I cancelled the order through Google and now have the problem that I cant get a new order out. 

Google said its a Spotify issue to clarify.

I guess I need a new promo code and hope that someone can guide me in the right direction how to achieve this.

Appreciate any help on this matter.

Thanks and best,

16 Replies

Hey, @PepeLupardo87 

Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for contacting us here.

In your case that you canceled the order on your own, I suggest that you be in touch with Customer Support.

If you need more information about it or have any other issue, let me know!

Best Regards

hezorg (Luan Araújo)

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I had the same problem except I didn't cancel myself. I got the premium subcription, got the link for the google home mini and placed the order. A minute later I got an email that the order was cancelled by them. When I try to reorder I don't get the discount anymore. Please help!

Similar issue.  The code is supposed to discount automatically.  Did not work and Google store charged full price. Google store cannot change order afterwards so only option was to cancel.  They showed that the promo code is at the end of the web address when first directed to Google store - and to copy that down and enter manually in checkout.  But code has already been used according to the system therefore you are out of luck with Google Store.  They said Spotify has to issue a new code to us.

My too. I have contacted both Google and Spotify

Contacting Spotify or Google is hopeless. You're basically **bleep** if your order got cancelled. 

Here's my final response from Spotify:

Hello there,

This is a follow up email regarding your Google Home mini issue.

Google should have emailed you regarding the cancellation of your order. We don’t have any more information our end, and we’re unable to provide you with a new code.

If you have any questions we recommend contacting Google Store directly.

Thanks,

Paul

When I contacted Google they just said that it's Spotify's issue. There's no hope. 

Thanks Spotify and Google for all your help! 😠

I had this exact same problem; were you able to get it resolved?

Nah, the spotify service person wasnt having it

Thanks for your patience with this, we appreciate it.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience this has caused, however we’re still unable to assist you further with redeeming a Google Home Mini device.

If you would like to cancel your Premium for Family subscription, please let us know and we’ll go ahead with doing so.

Thats the last I heard.

I don't know how Spotify can get away with this. It's essentially a scam. They lure in new users with the deal and guarantee they spend at least $10 on their subscription but then don't give them the promotional items advertised with the deal.
I got this account just because of this deal and was planning on keeping it but after this trash customer service I'm just going to cancel and be out $10.

Nope

yea nope.

mine is even worse.

google reps actually walked me through the ordering process.

I think what was wrong is I used a different credit card than I use for spotify when ordering the google home mini through the google store.
(I have my husband card saved already under my google account - but this credit card was used by him already for redeeming his google home mini)

Google reps said it's spotify responsibility to issue a new code, but spotify is just not having it. Very dissapointing, looking from a spotify point of view.

Screen Shot 2019-04-17 at 11.01.04 PM.png

That sucks!
It's ridiculous how obtuse Spotify is being about this. Random problems happen during the ordering process and instead of helping you fix it and get the item you're owed, they just refuse to honour the deal.
"We can only offer one code per customer" is easily the most idiotic response I've gotten.

Scammed! I joined Spotify due to the promotion. I may have been a potential on going customer but since they cannot honour the promo I feel scammed and do not want to do business with them or promote them until they can resolve this issue. I asked for a refund of my $10 since I have not even wanted to use Spotify until issue resolves and they told me they cannot give me the refund. So plese send me the mini like you promised!

Yep, I asked for a refund too but I expect the same thing to happen. They won't honour their promotion and they won't provide a refund; there has to be some law against false advertising like that.

Garbage company. Horrible customer service.

I've had exactly the same issue.

My reply from google:

"Hi Flynn,

Thank you for writing back to Google Support!

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. I've checked all the possible options from my end and at the moment we don't have any additional information available to share. I'm afraid to inform that since the promotion is via Spotify, it's not possible to override it manually and we're unable to provide a new code.

This happens on Google store, when the system couldn't validate your information.  It is auto-generated for the current orders. I'd recommend you to please wait for sometime, once there is any new information available regarding your order, you will receive an email with instructions.

If you have any questions or concerns, please reply to this email and I'll be happy to answer them for you.

Thanks!
Thomas
The Google Support Team"

My reply from Spotify:

"Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

Google Store should have sent an email regarding the order cancellation reason. At this point we are unable to provide a new code.

If you have any questions we recommend contacting Google Store directly: https://store.google.com/.

Give us a shout if you need any other help with the Spotify app or your Premium for Family subscription.

Thanks,

Mark"

I've submitted a complaint to the Australian Competition & Consumer Commission for both Spotify and Google. This comes under false & misleading advertising, which the airline Jetstar was just fined $2m for. I urge you all to also lodge a complaint with your consumer watchdog. It's disgusting how happy they are to receive our money without delivering the product - and then pass the buck back and forth.

I've gone through the same.

At this point, are we considering a suit? Also link this thread for both Google and Spotify in your correspondence.

You had to agree to 1. Pay a subscription for this promo, and 2. Link your Google account to Spotify so they can sell your streaming tracking information for ad revenue, for 3. You not to receive a guarenteed promotion.

Basically you wasted time and money for two very rich companies to just use you and then tell you to f*** off.

Hey everyone,

Thank you for all the feedback you've given us so far.

We realize this thread is gone a bit off topic since it was related to a previous offer. To avoid confusion, we're going to lock the thread.

However, if you're having troubles or have any questions on a current offer, don't hesitate to let us know in the relevant Help Board and we'll be happy to lend a hand there.

Thanks again!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts