Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Google Home mini (NO PROMO CODE) Sent!!!!!!!!

Google Home mini (NO PROMO CODE) Sent!!!!!!!!

Plan

Premium 

Country - US

Device  - PC

Operating System

(Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

No promo code was sent for the Google Home mini I paid for Spotify twice now with two different emails and This email

*snip*

wasn't sent a promo code 

Please send the promo code

Thank you

16 Replies

Hey @MaDscntist, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear this.

Could you try redeeming your offer here

Let me know how this goes 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Not the original poster but I have US Spotify/Premium with a recurring payment and of all of the links I've seen, this one gets me the furthest but I get:

An error occurred
We're sorry but you're not able to redeem at this moment.

@Billy-J wrote:

Hey @MaDscntist, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear this.

Could you try redeeming your offer here

Let me know how this goes 🙂

I get this clicking on that link

An error occurred
It looks like you've not registered your interest for this offer yet.  

Which is very weird to me I just paid for premium Spotify on this email

Spotify???

Hey @MaDscntist@mamorris,

Could you send me a screenshot of the error message being shown? Make sure to hide sensitive info when posting to the Community.

Keep me updated 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star

This is the error I get after clicking "Agree" to allow Google to access Spotify information.  It successfully adds Google to my apps and I have tried removing it and adding it back.error.PNG

@Billy-J wrote:

Hey @MaDscntist@mamorris,

Could you send me a screenshot of the error message being shown? Make sure to hide sensitive info when posting to the Community.

Keep me updated 🙂

What. mamorris  Casual Listener posted screenshot i have the same error

UPDATE!!!

I just got my link for the promo to Spotify Google Home mini in my email. I Got it ordered. 

I think Spotify is backed up and you guys have to be patient.... And Spotify will send you the link. Just wait.  millions of people use Spotify. A lot of people are trying to get the deal for the Google Home mini.

If you don't receive your link in your email within a week. Let Spotify know here. I'm sure they're on it and will fix it

I'm Lovin Spotify Thank you for your help everyone here, admins mods in back. Thank you @Billy-J 

I can't post anything?? Create NEW TOPIC

Correct the highlighted errors and try again.

• There was an error while attempting to post your message. Try again in a few minutes.

I'm also having the same issue.

The only thing I can think of that might be causing the issue is that I'm temporarily in Australia, and I'm sure there's a bunch of listening activity from here, while my home address is in the USA.

Please help?

Kind regards,

Dave

spotify_error.JPG

Hey @MaDscntist,

Since you've mentioned you're having issues posting to the Community, could you try again in an incognito or private window in your browser? If you're still having trouble posting a new thread, could you let me know what board you're trying to post in, and send screenshots of what happens when you try to post to the Community.

@dave_m_7890,

Since you see an error message that you're not eligible for this offer, could you make sure that you've followed each step in this Spotify Answer?

@mamorris,

Are you still having issues with this?

Keep me posted everyone!

Billy-JSpotify Star

I received the email to get my Google Mini, but it's trying to charge me $50 upon checkout (and there is no code in the email to redeem). There is also no code auto-populated in the PROMO CODE field when I go to checkout or anything. And I did walk through the steps to link my accounts. It only lets me add 1 attachment so I've included a SS after I have linked the accounts, gone through the CAPTCHA, and went through the checkout process and am at the very end (just to see if the discount was being applied at the very end of something). Nope. Of course I cancelled it b/c my I am not paying for it. ???

Greenshot 2019-11-02 17.38.45.png

@YouGotRossed
When did you pay for Spotify premium? How long have you been waiting after to get Google Home mini? You should get a link from Spotify no doubt. It might take some time to come. Give it week to check your email it will come.

Hi there, I'm sort of going through the same scenario.  I had a student account, then I saw the GHM promotion.  So, I read up on the terms and found out that student plans were not elegible.  However, it did say i could cancel the student plan and opt for the premium plan with the GHM promo.  I went through all the linking of accounts and it led me to the google store.  At first i had the same problem as you, but then i noticed i still had an item in my cart... what I'm saying is you dont have to add the GHM to your cart and you don't have to use the promo code.  It's all done for you.  You just pick the color and that's it. It took me two tries, but i got it.   I tried to put the promo code in and I saw red lettering and no discount.

Invoice
Order placed:
October 31, 2019
Subtotal:$49.00
Discount:-$49.00
Estimated Tax:$0.00
Shipping:$0.00
Total:$0

Hey all,

Thanks for reaching out, for the screenshots and explanations! 

Note that the country of the shipping address with Google and purchase country on Spotify must match. The code is automatically applied (even when you just load the redeeming link) when following these steps:|

1. Log into Spotify.

2. Go to spotify.com/googlehome/redeem.

3. Select color of the device and click 'Buy'.

For more info, check this Spotify Answer.

Keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

what i notice is that i was logged into two google accounts and even if i pressed on the google account that i wanted to use it didnt let me. So i removed the other google account and then it worked

Suggested posts