Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Google Mini Promo = False Advertisment

Solved!

Google Mini Promo = False Advertisment

Spotify is promising Google minis for every premium subscription. I have noticed numerous posts complaining about not receiving their mini and not receiving a refund. 

My Google mini order was cancelled by Google because I used a debit card in the check out. Apparently, they only accept credit card. Google said they can't help me. They asked me to contact Spotify for a new code. 

I have spoken to numerous Spotify associates (Renz J, John N, Romeo T, Jericho, and Ray) and they all ask the same thing: send me screenshots of the Google email. When I reply back with the screenshot to one of them, I get someone new asking for even more screenshots (google order cancellation email, google's reply, screenshot of google order number).

In the early phases of this issue, I asked for a refund because I was having trouble redeeming the mini. I was told that it wasn't necessary and that I would receive my promised Google Mini. Now that it's clear I won't get help from either Google or Spotify, I asked for a refund again due to the false advertisement. I was told "We’ve taken a look at your account on our end, and based from the information on it, we’re unable to provide you with a refund for your most recent payment."

I know Spotify won't respond to this post because they have ignored everyone else's posts on this issue. We need to spam their twitter together and force them into doing the right thing.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @rishadnero, and welcome to the community.

Hope you’re doing great!

I’m sorry to hear this.

This offer has now ended. I’d recommend keeping an eye on Spotify.com for future deals and promotional offers.

Let me know if you have any more questions. Have a nice day!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @rishadnero, and welcome to the community.

Hope you’re doing great!

I’m sorry to hear this.

This offer has now ended. I’d recommend keeping an eye on Spotify.com for future deals and promotional offers.

Let me know if you have any more questions. Have a nice day!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

spotify and copy & paste. name a better duo.

Why does it say this problem was solved? I did not even accept billy's copy and paste answer as a solution. The fact remains that there are still numerous customers who were promised a google mini with their order and have had their orders cancelled. It doesn't matter if the promotion is over now because these issue happened while the promotion was still running.

I signed up to premium so to get the google mini.  Both my sons did the same and got their email to order the mini. I never received my email even though I subscribed before them.  I have a valid google account with credit card.  Can someone at Spotify investigate and let me know (or just send me that email to place the order). thanks.

Suggested posts