Google Mini Scam?

Google Mini Scam?

Jburns9009
Casual Listener

I cancelled my Premium account over a month ago after that terrible update. When I saw they were running the Google Mini promotion, I signed back up. Mostly to get the Google Mini, but also to give it another chance. When I tried to redeem my Mini, the code was already redeemed. After being punted off to Google, Google determined they sent the same discount code to both accounts in the home. We have seperate Premium accounts, seperate emails. Google tells me it's likely a glitch or mistake by Spotify. I tell this to Spotify. They ask to see screen shots of the two emails from each account. I send them. Last night I find out they're unable to send me either the Mini or another discount code to reedem without any explanation as to why. So I ask for a refund because I literally only signed up again beause of the promotion they're now not honoring. I can't get that either. So basically I paid $10 to try a service I already cancelled because I was roped in by a promotion they won't honor for reasons nobody is explaining to me. If nothing else, does anyone have any idea why I'm might not be eligible since they're giving me nothing?

6 Replies

Re: Google Mini Scam?

rishadnero
Music Fan

I am in the exact same situation. Spotify really has bad customer service. I really didn't expect this from them. I also made this account just to get the free google mini. Google cancelled my order because I used a debit card and they apparently don't allow that as a payment method. I got in touch with Google and they asked me to speak to Spotify. I have spoken to 5 Spotify agents and each of them asks me the same thing: send me screenshots. They don't keep tracks of their customer's data or too lazy to because every reply I receive is from a new person and they just ask me to send screenshots again. I was finally told they can't help me and I won't even be issued a refund. This is false advertisement because I was promised a google mini with my subscription. Anyone who has been through this should tell everyone they know to cancel their spotify use. Awful customer service.

Jburns9009
Casual Listener

I pay with a debit card but I use it through paypal. I don't know what the difference would be. I'm honestly stunned by the response. They haven't even given me some BS fine print excuse, I've literally gotten "we looked into it, we won't be sending for the Google Mini, will not be sending you a new link to redeem and won't be refunding your money" whichout any explanation as to why. Today I was told I couldn't be refunded because of my Spotify "usage". I'd be surprised if I listened to it a combined 10 minutes in the last two weeks.   

rishadnero
Music Fan

Let's get one thing clear. The 'usage' excuse for not refunding you is complete bull. I did not use my account at all. The reason I received was: 'we have taken a look at your account and based on that information, we cannot refund you'. ??? What information did you look at? The info that states I have literally 0 minutes of spotify playtime? They knew they couldn't just copy and paste what they usually say to people: 'Due to the usage on the account, we can't refund you'. They can't do this to me so they came up with a new BS reason. Spotify is a huge successful company and it's kinda sad they have to resort to this scam. Pathetic. 

Jburns9009
Casual Listener

That's basically what I'm getting too. "We reviewed your account/case" without giving any specifics of what it is about my account/case that led to their decision. This is ridiculous and pretty blatant false advertising. 

rishadnero
Music Fan
They seem to have removed the google mini promo from their website even though the promo was supposed to last until may 9th.

86x_ibkj-htie

I signed up for premium spotify also to get the free Google mini.

I didnt get the Google mini and the credit card was charged almost $90.

Numerous emails and proof of purchase etc I got an email saying they wont be refunding my money due to "account usage" whatever that may be.

This was a total scam and I will tell everybody about spotify's customer service.

SUGGESTED POSTS