Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Google Nest - Eligible

Google Nest - Eligible

Saw the offer for the free google nest mini last night, and tried to redeem it but it keeps telling me i'm not eligible. I am a premium member (originally a 6 month code) but have my card details on file for when it ends. 

Is this why I cannot redeem one?

Seems rather unfair to not let people who have paid for a subscription (be it a voucher or through their network) redeem one, when people are registering new accounts just to claim one and will probably cancel it after the first month. 

3 Replies

Hey there @SkyeAmber2020!

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community. I have passed your feedback raised in your original posts to the teams responsible regarding the eligibility criteria for further consideration in future promotions. If you are currently on a trial with a Spotify Partner then your account would be deemed ineligible until that period ends.

A workaround on this, would be upgrading to Spotify for Family however you'll be charged immediately and forfeit the rest of your trial period.

Sorry for any disappointment caused,

It isn't a trial code i am using, it is a 6 month premium code, and I still
have until February on it. But my card details are on the account also.
Just seems unfair that if you pay by codes at time you arent eligible for
it.
I refuse to forfeit my current premium plan, and lose 5 months of premium.
Its just seems like a ploy to get new subscribers, as alot of current subs
seem to 'ineligible' for one reason or another.

@SkyeAmber2020 wrote:
It isn't a trial code i am using, it is a 6 month premium code, and I still
have until February on it. But my card details are on the account also.
Just seems unfair that if you pay by codes at time you arent eligible for
it.
I refuse to forfeit my current premium plan, and lose 5 months of premium.
Its just seems like a ploy to get new subscribers, as alot of current subs
seem to 'ineligible' for one reason or another.

I understand, unfortunately as explained this is part of the terms for this promotion and I appreciate your frustration, the full eligibility criteria is outlined in the Support Page for the promotion & Legal Pages here.

As mentioned before, I have passed your feedback across to the right folks for consideration in the future.

Have a great rest of your week.

Suggested posts