Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Google assistant keeps telling me i am not a premium user when i tell it to play a song

Google assistant keeps telling me i am not a premium user when i tell it to play a song

I have been a premium user for a while now. Every time i asked goolgle to play a specific song i keep getting the same message. "Choosing songs is only available to Spotify premium subscribers." It will still play the song but it is very annoying to listen to that same message every time. It has been like that with my last phone, a LG G5 and my current phone the Pixel 2. I tried reinstalling the app again and still nothing. My google account does show Spotify free as my default app for music, but there hasn't been a Spotify free app for years that i i c remember. Has anyone had the same issue?

Screenshot_20190803-214453.png
1 Reply

Hi,

Indeed, there is no spotify free app. There's only one app. If you logon with an account which has premium, the app will show premium features like being able to play random songs.

But I don't know exactly what you mean with default music app. I have a galaxy s9 and I checked my default apps but there is no default music app, how does this work?

Regards,

René

Suggested posts