Google cancelled my Home Mini order and won't tell me why

Solved!

Google cancelled my Home Mini order and won't tell me why

Plan

Free/Premium

Country 

Australia

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Hi, I have tried to get my free Google Home Mini after upgrading to the family account. The order goes through with Google and then they cancel it (via subsequent email). This happened twice. I contacted Google and they said they can't tell me anything else other than the code has already been used. The only reason it said in the email was "We had to cancel your order because we were unable to validate some of your information." Google support won't tell me what information or how to rectify it. Did anyone else have trouble redeeming this offer? Can Spotify issue me with a new code? I am the primary person on the account.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey, @evelynb 

Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for posting!

About your issue, first of all, I suggest that you double-check your order history page, please and check if it was ordered already. If it wasn't, you should be in touch with the Customer Support to get help on it.

But, after all, keep me updated on your case.

If you need more info or have any other questions, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey, @evelynb 

Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for posting!

About your issue, first of all, I suggest that you double-check your order history page, please and check if it was ordered already. If it wasn't, you should be in touch with the Customer Support to get help on it.

But, after all, keep me updated on your case.

If you need more info or have any other questions, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Here's the sad truth. Spotify will not send you a new code. My order got cancelled over 2 weeks ago for the same reason "unable to validate some information". Google told me it was because I used a debit card and they only accept credit cards. They asked me to get in touch with spotify for a new code. I emailed spotify with the proof of cancellation but they said they can't give me a new code. I asked for a refund because I was promised a google mini and I did not receive one, they said they also could not issue me a refund (I haven't used my account at all). 

Spotify has now ignored all my emails I have sent them asking for an explanation. It's been 2 weeks now and I have gotten zero emails back from them (I sent 3 emails). The post I made on spotify answers has been marked as "Solved" even though I did not accept the "solution" (which says that the deal has now ended and I can **bleep** off). 

YES me too, and Spotify wont issue another promo code which is not fair. They can clear see that Google store has cancelled it but reluctant to issue another code. WHY? WHY? It's clearly not our fault

Same thing has happened to me.

Spotify had been prioviding some people with new codes, but i tried and they said that it's an issue between me and google.

Pathetic really.

I've reported both to the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission.

I suggest you make a complaint to them about Spotify.

https://www.accc.gov.au/contact-us/contact-the-accc/report-a-consumer-issue

Thank you for your advised and I have.

Suggested posts