Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Google home and Spotify account

Google home and Spotify account

If just put our purchased 2 Google home minis to help spread music around an odd shaped room. Living/kitchen.

I also purchased premium Spotify.  However after fighting with it all night, I believe I've come to understand that Spotify only allows playback from one device. Even if the two devices are linked to each other? Say this is the so Spotify.  If it is the case, does this mean I have to purchase a family plan to listen to two speakers 20 feet apart?  If so I've just purchased two expensive little weather units and will be terminating my Spotify account immediately. I really hope I'm wrong here.

6 Replies

Hey there @ChrisJanes!

Adding the FAQ on Spotify and Google Home use.

Please check it out for further information.

Hope this helps=)

Thank you for the reply, but I'm not having any problem playing Spotify or connecting to Spotify. I cannot get it to play on two Google Minis at the same time. I have read and reread every FAQ I can find and all it ever tells you is how to make a speaker group. No support around if it doesn't work. My question is, does Spotify allow you to run two Google Minis on one Premium account, or do you require a family plan?

Update. I deleted everything. 

1)Created a new GMail account

2)FDR both MINIs

3)Downloaded and started new Google home on android

4)Connected both MINIs as instructions say

5)Linked to Spotify.

6)Created speaker group

Absolutely same results.  Will play in on one or the other, but when asked to play on speaker group one says

" We are sorry, your playback has been paused because Spotify is playing on another device" and one speaker shuts off.

Listen lad. You need to do it with the google home app. You setup something called a music group, which can include devices like laptops, Wi-fi speakers like sonos, or tablets and phones. If you select to play music through this group in google home app, it shall play on both minis, if you configure the setting of the group properly. 

Thank you for your reply, to the best of my knowledge you cannot set this up with anything other than the app. Which is what I used.

If you read point number 6 you will see that I did set up a speaker group. 

After trying this setup process, watching every video you can find, reading every FAQ available, and trying this on multiple devices dozens of times I'm not getting any results.

the only support I have been able to get from Google at all so far is in these forums and everybody, like yourself, tells me to make a speaker group. My problem is that the speaker group won't play.

See above post .speaker Group is the problem, not the solution.

Suggested posts