Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Google home mini cancelled?

Google home mini cancelled?

So I have recently signed up for the google home mini offer and this went well. I redeemed my google home mini it went through and an hour later it gets cancelled. I’ve tried emailing google and still hasn’t responded. If I can’t get it I pretty much just lost $9.99.

10 Replies

Same for me. Try to asked google why they cancelled it. Told me that it was a payment problem but they can't replace your order and since the offer is a one time thing you can't have the offer anymore.

The same happened with me. First it was saying sorry, you are unable to redeem at this time. But when, it was fixed, and I clicked on checkout after selecting the colour of Google Home Mini, I got mail from google saying your order has been cancelled. 

The same thing has happened with me. I placed the order with no issues and even recieved a confirmation email. Shortly after I get another email from Google stating my order has been cancelled as some information could not be validated, but they don't share with you what information hasn't been validated as all of it is correct. I've been back and forth with Spotify and Google and both unwilling to accept any blame. Spotify will not proceed with helping me further with redeeming the Google mini and also will NOT refund the money. I signed up for a premium account with the contingency that I will be getting a bonus Google mini. I wouldnt have signed up for their premium plan otherwise. This is completely BS and I would like to escalate this matter. If I cannot get the mini as advertised, it's only fair that I get my money returned. I definitely will not be signing up for another month and will not be recommending them to family and friends. 

Did the cancelled order say it was because they couldn't 'verify some information'. I got an email back from Google saying it was because I used a debit card and they don't accept that.

Don't bother speaking to Spotify support about it. They asked me for screenshots of Google's emails. I sent them but Spotify said they can't help me. When I told them I want a refund because I only made the account for the mini, they said they can't even refund me and that I should just cancel my subscription.

Awful customer service. 

"Due to the account usage or activity, we're unable to provide you with any refund and further information.

If you would like to cancel your subscription, please head over here. "

Yup, they couldn't "validate" my information. I'm very disappointed that Spotify will not honor what they've advertised. I've already provided them with a screenshot of the cancelled order and they refuse to issue a refund or a new code for the promo. I've gone back and forth and keep getting the same answer. So, if your order is cancelled, you're pretty sh!t out of luck!! As a consumer, I got the short end of the stick. Spotify, thank you for taking my money and refusing to honor what you've advertised. It's really not right...

Agree, very disappointed with their service. And you guys know what, I didn’t even played a single song on spotify. From somewhere, I got to know about google home mini offer and I purchased the subscription trusting them. But when I try redeeming that Device, I got an email saying your device order has been cancelled. But coupon has been used. What? Are you serious? If the order has been cancelled, then it’s your responsibility Spotify to provide us a new valid coupon code. I talked to Google Representative for about 1 hour and 18 minutes, but he tried best and ended up by saying sorry and told me to contact Spotify. When I talked to then, then said the same word, sorry. We paid $9.99 for Google Home Mini, and guess what we got, A word to listen i.e., sorry.

"We’ve taken a look at your account on our end, and based from the information on it, we’re unable to provide you with a refund for your most recent payment."

That is what I received from Spotify.

I was suspicious of Spotify from the very beginning so I was planning not to download the app and listen to music at all until I received my mini. I knew they would say they can't refund me because I used the account, like they did with you.

You can clearly see that it doesn't matter whether you have used the account or not. They just don't want to give money back. This is 100% a scam. 

I haven't used my account at all either. I was waiting to receive my google mini before I installed the Spotify app. I knew if something went wrong, they wouldn't refund me my money because I used the account. But even though I didn't use the account, I am not able to get my refund.

This makes absolutely zero sense. False advertisement. Scam.

I have contacted them through email, live chat, and twitter. Zero help.

Pretty much happened to me. But I got as far as shipping and tracking. My tracking history said that it was delivered to my city then shipped back out to sender the next day. In the end it was returned without approval before getting to me. Makes me want to boycott and unsubscribe. Spotify won't bother helping because they don't even have anyone to answer your question. **bleep**ing**bleep** if you ask me.

Hmm mine got cancelled yesterday too... I thought it was just a one off mistake. This sucks especially after being with Spotify for over 5 years. Might have to look for a paid subscription somewhere else.

Suggested posts