Announcements

Google nest mini email to redeem not received

Highlighted

Re: Google nest mini email to redeem not received

Visitor

I'm still waiting too. Spoke to 2 different advisors, both repeating the same thing, they can see I've registered so wait a couple of days and check spam folders etc. I was looking for a music subscription service and chose Spotify purely because of this offer. They have taken my money but not honoured the Google nest mini side of the deal. False advertising if those of us that were eligible dont receive one, I will also be asking for my subscription costs back too as I wont use spotify yet until the GNM appears. 

Highlighted

Casual Listener
I registered for my free Google Nest mini on the morning of the 3nd September 2020 and was told I would receive an email when it's ready. I specifically joined Spotify duo to obtain the Google nest mini, this is unacceptable, if I can not get the GNM I would like a refund

Casual Listener

Im exactly the same. I have spoken with three advisors who have all guaranteed me I will get one but have to wait for the email. When I’ve asked how much longer they keep saying just wait 3-5 more days.  

Highlighted

Regular

Also in the same boat. Registered on 2nd September and still waiting. Got the registration message, Spotify's status update on the issue here on this site also says:

If you've received a message saying that your interest has been registered, then you should get a confirmation email in a few days. Please be aware that due to the high demand, the emails can take between 3 to 5 days to arrive.

>> https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Error-when-attempting-to-redeem-Google-Nest-Mini/idi...

So to me that's a clear message that we should be getting one, if we were able to register (and we do not fall under the "while stocks last" exclusion as those people should not have been able to register.

Personally I'm not holding out much hope though. Spotify's catalogue is great and their features are good but customer service and bug fixes are one of the most abysmal performances I've ever seen from any company. There was an issue where you couldn't add a card to your account to pay with that was affecting many people, for literal years before they fixed it. And that's something that was COSTING them money directly. Each Nest Mini they hand out is costing them.

Highlighted

Visitor

We also registered well within the period (exactly on the same date of original poster 2nd September) and totally qualified for the Google nest offer (long standing premium etc) and have received NO EMAIL. We were told to wait to receive it but until when?

Not honouring this would be breaching contract and seriously letting down old loyal premium members.

Highlighted

Visitor

Same here, I purchased premium around same time and it said the mini google nest offer was being offered through the student one and that I would get an email within 2 - 5 days. The mgn was going to be a gift, I own an echo and love it - my original plan was to give that as a gift but saw this and felt it was more a better size for the area over the echo. 

Kind of a disappointment through, would of thought if promised the item, they would try to fulfil the offer. 

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Exact same boat registered on the 2nd and still no email. Spoke with support said to wait I requested a copy of the chat to be emailed to me and never received that either. I'm wondering if emails from Spotify are not coming through to hotmail for me as I didn't get the email confirmation on creating 

Highlighted

Regular
I can't believe that we're still waiting, an email with explanation how long we have to wait would be great, I see they're in stock with Google so where's the problem? Smh...
Highlighted

Visitor
  1. Also in the same boat, was on to an advisor around a week ago who assured me I'd be receiving the email and to wait 2-3 days, feel like we're all being mugged off a bit here, I doubt we'll be getting anything... 
Highlighted

Casual Listener

I am also in the same boat. Signed up on 2 Sept. 3 Spotify agents now have confirmed that I will definitely get the free Google Nest  Mini but none can say when. They all say exceptional demand and wait time is longer than expected.  As another poster says this makes no sense when the Nest is still available to order from Google.  I only signed up to get the Nest Mini and need it to make best use of Spotify.  I want to get it before my next monthly subscription is due or get a refund.  So far Spotify refusing to offer refund - they will cancel my account but then I wouldn’t get the free Nest.

Come on Spotify, do the right thing and honour the terms of your offer.

SUGGESTED POSTS