Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Got hacked, the hacker changed my payment plan. No REFUND

Got hacked, the hacker changed my payment plan. No REFUND

My Spotify account got hacked, and the hacker changed my payment plan to a family plan instead of student. When I contacted support, they cancelled my account and did not issue a refund. I specefically said I wanted to KEEP my account, just A REFUND FOR THE 14.99 CHARGE AND CHANGE MY PLAN BACK TO 4.99/MONTH!!

The picture is all the emails that were added to my account while it was a family plan. They should be banned for using a stolen account.

Has anyone had problems like this with support? It is bull**bleep**. They need a phone number so issues like these can be resolved correctly. Not through email. I will be issuing a chargeback on my card and going to Apple Music if this doesn't get resolved withtin a day or two!! It's already been weeks since the initial incident!!

Capture.PNG
thief2.PNG
thief3.PNG
3 Replies

My account was STOLEN. I was NOT the person to change my plan. I want my
money refunded for the extra charge!

My account is currently cancelled. I want to restart it as a student
account again once I get refunded for the extra amount charged.

Included is all the email accounts that were added to my account by the
thiefs.

Also, my name is Brendan. NOT Brandon. And my forum name was mcdabz. So I
know that you can see my Facebook account, and see that I was the one who
created the account, with this email, YEARS ago. As a long time Spotify
user, this support is absolutely disgusting.

-Brendan McWilliams

Hey @mcdabz, thanks for coming to the Spotify Community!

All you need to do is get in contact with Spotify support and their Accounts team can take a look backstage. The easiest way to contact them is by messaging SpotifyCares on Facebook or Twitter. They usually respond within 48 hours!

Please let me know if you need help with anything else 🙂

This same thing has happened to me but I don't think I was hacked. I think that Spotify is just doing it to us. I am not happy. 

Suggested posts