Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Gutschein einloesen trotz bereits aktiven Abo

Gutschein einloesen trotz bereits aktiven Abo

Hallo,

Ich habe bereits ein Spotify Premium Abo. Die Gebuehren werden monatlich per Lastschrift von meinem Konto abgezogen.

Ich habe nun einen Gutschein bekommen und diesen online aktiviert. 

Meine Frage: Setzt das Lastschriftverrfahren nun einmalig automatisch aus oder muss ich hier noch etwas beachten?

Vielen Dank fuer eure Unterstuetzung.

7 Replies

Hey @I_am_Bene,

es ist genau so, wie du gesagt hast.

Das Lastschriftverfahren, sollte jetzt einmal aussetzen und erst wieder abbuchen, wenn der Gutschein abgelaufen ist.

Viele Gruesse

LK608

LukeSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi, ich habe ein Spotify Premium Gutschein ebenfalls erhalten, wollte den Code einlösen, aber es kommt folgende Fehlermeldung: "Du kannst diesen Spotify Premium Code nicht mit Deinem Konto einlösen. Das liegt vermutlich daran, dass Du bereits ein Spotify Premium Abo hast und dieses nicht mit einem Spotify Premium Code kombinieren kannst."

Kann ich diesen Gutschein wegschmeißen oder was kann man machen? Ich wäre sehr dankbar diesen einzulösen. Weil sonst wäre das Geschenk ja nichts mehr wert.

Hi there @MusicLoverInGodsName 

Thanks for reaching out. Hope you don’t mind us responding in English, as this is the official language of the Community. Judging from the error you mentioned, it seems your subscription is not compatible with gift cards. Be advised that gift cards can only be used with a Premium Individual subscription and not with Family, Duo or Student, see here.

Hope this clears things up.

JoanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

How stupid!

Does this mean I have to cancel the DUO-Abo, activate the gift cards (60 EUR in my case) for my than individual abo and go back to DUO later? Sounds extremely silly to me. 

Hey @Anna_O,

Thanks for the reply.

At the back of the gift cards there is a description of which plans you can activate with the gift card. If the gift card was bought online, this description can also be found in the terms and conditions page.

The workaround you've described is, well, a workaround. We hope to have a different process for this some day, but can't provide any timelines. For now, let's go over the steps you've mentioned and if you face difficulties, let us know.

Keep us posted.

Cheers!

DianModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I completely agree. That's  not customer friendly at all, especially if one has a family abo, which is already expensive enough. 

Hi Dian,

I am facing a similar issue. It is not clear to me why it would bei hard to implement those gift cards Independent of the abo. You buy those cards with a certain value and not for a specific duration of a respective abo. Maybe the cards should at least be clearly labeled at the front. You could get the impression that this is some Kind of strategy.

Kind regards,

Flo

Suggested posts