Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

HOw to Downgrade from Premium Family to Premium?

Solved!

HOw to Downgrade from Premium Family to Premium?

This may be strange.. I just checked my subscription and it says I have Premium Family, funny but I never signed up for it.  Then I looked under the manage members and there was a person attached to my account I have never heard of before.  So this was interesting, and also another pending invitation. SO I removed the person and revoked the invitation.  Then I figure, I better change the account back to Premium.  But the the only option is to cancel the subscription.  

Does anyone have any guidance on this one?  How to go back to premium and also seek some answers how my subscription was changed?

Many thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@mrtcpip 

I’d recommend reaching out to Spotify for more help with this. You can find some more info here on how to do this. I hope this helps! ^^

Peace

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey @mrtcpip! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

That doesn't sound cool.

To cancel or leave a Premium for Family plan:

1. Log in to your subscription page
  2. Select CHANGE OR CANCEL.
  3. Here you can either choose to switch to another type of paid subscription such as standard Premium or Premium for Students, or return to the free Spotify service.

Note: If you’re the owner of the plan and cancel it, ALL the members of the plan will revert to Spotify's free service on the next scheduled billing date. If you’re not the owner, any changes you make will only affect your account.

Be sure to check this help article out for details about Premium for Family. ^^

Peace

Thanks Nico,

Worst things can happen, no worries.  I followed your directions and changed my account back to Premium. What is the process to try and get a credit for the last 5 months at the higher level of service? 

Marked as solution

@mrtcpip 

I’d recommend reaching out to Spotify for more help with this. You can find some more info here on how to do this. I hope this helps! ^^

Peace

The Spotify app did not avail me of an individual premium offering. I spoke to an adviser over chat and wound up having to cancel my membership (which they refunded) and I will re-sign up for premium. Oddly burdensome but it is what it is.

Suggested posts