Premium

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy 8, PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

The real problem is I signed on to discover I'd been paying for a family plan that I definitely never upgraded to, and there was some random person on my plan (I've only ever used this account for myself). I changed my password and am looking to request some sort of refund for the extra payments due to the security breach.

Attached is the date of the change, and I've been paying extra without being notified unfortunately.
Wishing the best, 
Josh

Untitled.png
1 Reply

Hey, @jmach24002 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing this... 
In addition to the password change, I also recommend that you go to your account page and click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE as well.
It's also strongly advised that you change the password for:

• The email address associated with your Spotify account (e.g. with Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
  • Any Facebook profile associated with your Spotify account. You can make sure you're the only one currently logged into your Facebook in your Facebook Settings, under Security and login > Where You’re Logged In.
  • Any service where you use the same password as Spotify.

And you can get more information about how to protect your account here.

When it comes to the possibility of getting a refund, you need to get in touch with our folks from the Customer Support team to get help with it. Just go on there, choose the best channel for you and explain your issue or doubt. Someone will help you as soon as possible.

Just for your information, the Customer Support team usually replies within 24-48 hours by email. And you can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter or message Spotify Cares on Facebook.

If you have further questions or if you need anything else, let me know! I'd love to help!

Stay awesome!

Regards,
Luan

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts