Premium

Country

U.K

Device

OnePlus 7T Pro

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Hi, I had to close my premium account due to someone having access to my account since changing passwords and logging all device out didn't have any effect. I closed that account and made a new one on the same email but before I closed my old account i didn't cancel my premium subscription. Will I still be charged for this?
Thanks,
Cameron

2 Replies

Hey @CameronTDunn, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'll be happy to help.

In order to close a Spotify account, you'll need to be on the Free version of Spotify, so your Premium subscription should be canceled.

If you do get charged for a subscription on the closed account, you can get in touch with Customer Support here.

I hope this helps. Happy New Year!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi @CameronTDunn,

On top of @Billy-J 's suggestion, it would also be helpful if you tried to access your Account overview by typing the email address you used to originally create your Premium account and the related password (which you can always reset here in case you forgot it) in the login fields.

You can double-check what the right email address is by looking for a message from Spotify notifying you about your Premium activation in the inbox (or in another folder) of each of the email addresses you might have used. You can make this even easier by filter-searching the message and writing 'Spotify' in the search bar.

If you spot an active Premium subscription upon accessing the account, that means that neither the account nor the subscription were closed. 

Suggesting this since, although you seem to have created your new account with the same email of the previous (closed) one, double-checking in such a way will solve any doubt.

Hope you'll find this useful. Let us know if we can help with anything else 🙂 

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts