Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Had to reset my password, now my Premium is gone!

Solved!

Had to reset my password, now my Premium is gone!

Hi.

I use a Samsung Galaxy Xcover 4 and reside in Norway.

On the 16th Oktober 2018 I created my account and signed up immediately for Premium, which then commenced the 30 day Premium trial period. The next day I logged off my account and could not remember my password. Asked for a reset, which I did, but when I now get into my account the Premium subscription is gone and I am prompted to sign ut for Premium anew and go through all the same motions of registering my CC credentials all over again. Naturally, I am sceptical to do that because I just did that the day before.

I signed up for Spotify back in 2010 but never really got into it and used it. When I signed up now I used the same email as I did back in 2010 but was not propmted that an account registered on that email already existed. I don't have many different emails, but the few I have I have checked for matching accounts and there are none.

Also, when signing up this time around I never received a confirmation email that an account had been created. I have looked in **bleep** and deleted, there is no email. The only email I have received from spotiy this time around is the one reset request email I asked for on the 17th.

Any help resolving this would be greatly appreciated.

EP

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @EpicP!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. I'd recommend checking out this Support article for the next steps to take.

Let me know how you get on! I'll be here to help 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hi Jose.

Thank you so much for taking the time. I do not know what has happened, but the issue is now resolved. For some reason spotify generated a weird and lenghty username for me, which of course was impossible for me to remember, and I did not understand that this had to be used as username. When I tried logging in again and asked for a reset of password, I did that on my original account from back in 2010, so when I logged on to that, there was of course no premium account. After figuring this out I logged on to the account using the lengthy username and discontinued that account. I then logged on to my original account and signed up there for premium. I did not get the 30 days free trial the second time around, but that was no matter since I had decided to get the premium anyway 🙂

EP

View solution in original post

Capture.JPG
2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello @EpicP!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. I'd recommend checking out this Support article for the next steps to take.

Let me know how you get on! I'll be here to help 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Marked as solution

Hi Jose.

Thank you so much for taking the time. I do not know what has happened, but the issue is now resolved. For some reason spotify generated a weird and lenghty username for me, which of course was impossible for me to remember, and I did not understand that this had to be used as username. When I tried logging in again and asked for a reset of password, I did that on my original account from back in 2010, so when I logged on to that, there was of course no premium account. After figuring this out I logged on to the account using the lengthy username and discontinued that account. I then logged on to my original account and signed up there for premium. I did not get the 30 days free trial the second time around, but that was no matter since I had decided to get the premium anyway 🙂

EP

Capture.JPG

Suggested posts