Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Have a Spotify Free account but being charged for a Premium Account

Have a Spotify Free account but being charged for a Premium Account

Plan: Free

Device: PC Laptop & Android

Operating System: Windows 10

I have had a Spotify Free account for several years and even had a Spotify Premium trial but cancelled it in2017. When I log in and check my account now it clearly shows that I am Spotify Free. However, I have just discovered that Spotify has charged me 9.99€ each month for the last 3 months.
I have contacted Spotify Support but so far they have only sent me an automated reply. I have also written to office @spotify.com but have not yet received a reply.
Has anybody got any suggestions?

1 Reply

Hi Giles,

If you would like them to stop charging your account right now follow the following steps that way you do not have to pay for another month: 

1. Log in to your account page.
  2. Click Subscription in the menu on the left.
  3. Click CHANGE OR CANCEL.
  4. Click CANCEL PREMIUM.
  5. Click YES, CANCEL. Your account page now shows the date you’ll return to the Free service.

If you are paying via another company the above will not work. (iTunes/Mobile Provider) You must contact them directly.

Then after that, I would like you have already done, contact Spotify Directly for the payment portion of the issue. Hopefully, that should stop charging your account. Let me know if you need anything else.

Best,

Jack

Note: I am not a Spotify Employee.

Suggested posts