Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Have a student discount but system does not let me use

Have a student discount but system does not let me use

Plan

Premium

Country

Turkey

Device

(iPhone 7 Plus)

Operating System

(iOS 14)

My Question or Issue

I am a university student and I am pretty sure I've been using student subscription since 2019. I still have my student discount until 16.04.2021. My payment plan changed itself to family for no reason like 3 months ago and I have just realized that I've been paying literally 3 times more for 3 months. Now I can not switch from family to student while have rights to get student discount. Why my payment plan did changed itself student to family plan? I am a single user after all. I would like to get a refund or something that makes everything as it should be after overcharged like 3 months.

spotify2.png
spotify1.png
1 Reply

Hey, @darknesswach 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

First of all, considering your subscription was changed suddenly without your consent, it seems that your account has been taken over by someone else. This way, the best to do now is following these tips and guidelines to avoid that it happens again:

When it comes to your student discount, are you able to see the Premium for Student plan on the Available plans page? If you are, try to follow the steps to change your plan as usual, but this time on an incognito page or using another device. If the issue persists, I recommend that you get in touch with the SheerID support team to double-check if is there anything wrong with your verified discount. 

Keep me posted!

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts