Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Heard about the Google Home Mini, spotify redirected, full price and promo code 'already applied'

Solved!

Heard about the Google Home Mini, spotify redirected, full price and promo code 'already applied'

Plan

Family Premium

Country

Australia

Device

Galago Pro

Operating System

Mint 19, Firefox 66.0.2

My Question or Issue

I heard about the cool google home mini deal for Family Premium members. So I went to redeem it, ticked the box to tell Spotify I'm not a bot, and was redirected to the Google Store with the choice of Google Home Mini coloring. The next page showed the full $79.xx charge.

I tried entering the randomly generated promo code that Spotify tried to generate for me (visible in the URI) in the payment screen beforehand, but the store page responded saying it was 'already applied' when there was no evidence of this anywhere. Went on ahead and lo and behold I was charged for the full device. (It had to be cancelled within the hour to avoid charges.)

If this isn't available in Australia or some junk, why was I even allowed to even redeem this far? Is this just a bug?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey again, @iPaq 

Of course I read your post, but I sent the step-by-step "solution" to certify ourselves that you really received an activated code. 

But if your issue persists, the only way is being in touch with the Customer Support to ask for a new code directly there. Follow these steps below:

1. Go to the Customer Support page here.
  2. Select the option "Subscription".
  3. And then, select "Trial/Promotions".
  4. Tap "I still need help" button.
  5. Fill the form and then you be guided to a chat page.

Let me know if you could be in touch with the Support.

If you need more info or have any other questions, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey, @iPaq 

Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for posting!

This deal is currently available in Australia for Premium for Family users only. 

1. If you're an existing user, please go to this link to redeem your code.
  2. Check your inbox to see if you've received a link or code. If don't, click here.
  3. Follow the link to Google Store (Make sure that your account is able to purchases)
  4. Make sure you're logged into your Spotify account
  5. Select the Home Mini color and tap "buy"

If you continue having in trouble with the redeem process, let me know here and I'll search for another suggestion for your case.

If you need more info or have any other questions, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

You didn't even bother to read the post and problem before pasting and submitting this...

Marked as solution

Hey again, @iPaq 

Of course I read your post, but I sent the step-by-step "solution" to certify ourselves that you really received an activated code. 

But if your issue persists, the only way is being in touch with the Customer Support to ask for a new code directly there. Follow these steps below:

1. Go to the Customer Support page here.
  2. Select the option "Subscription".
  3. And then, select "Trial/Promotions".
  4. Tap "I still need help" button.
  5. Fill the form and then you be guided to a chat page.

Let me know if you could be in touch with the Support.

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

Suggested posts