Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Help from Spotify needed! Changed payment mode, Klarna still wants money

Solved!

Help from Spotify needed! Changed payment mode, Klarna still wants money

Hey,

Country is Germany. I used to pay via credit card. Like one month ago, I more or less accidently changed it to Klarna (I thought it was Lastschrifteinzug, but it's a pain). Immediatly after, I changed it back to credit card. Since this day, Klarna bugs me and want that money from me. But Spotify gets it's money from credit card.

So, PLEASE Spotify, tell Klarna that their claim is invalid!

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Horus107, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great! 

IIf you've changed the payment method to Klarna before the renewal date, and then changes to a different one after the renewal date, Klarna will immediately pay for you on the renewal date, and you will need to pay this amount to Klarna.

If you then change back to credit card, you won't be charged from there until the upcoming renewal date. 

If you, however, see a charge from your credit card the same month you should've been charged through Klarna, then Spotify can have a closer look. You can check your receipts page to see whether there's a double charge for a month or a gap in charges: https://www.spotify.com/account/subscription/receipt/

I hope that helps! If you need help with anything else, just let me know 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @Horus107, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great! 

IIf you've changed the payment method to Klarna before the renewal date, and then changes to a different one after the renewal date, Klarna will immediately pay for you on the renewal date, and you will need to pay this amount to Klarna.

If you then change back to credit card, you won't be charged from there until the upcoming renewal date. 

If you, however, see a charge from your credit card the same month you should've been charged through Klarna, then Spotify can have a closer look. You can check your receipts page to see whether there's a double charge for a month or a gap in charges: https://www.spotify.com/account/subscription/receipt/

I hope that helps! If you need help with anything else, just let me know 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts