Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Hey this isnt right, I am being charged a district of clumbia tax but im in the U.S.?

Solved!

Hey this isnt right, I am being charged a district of clumbia tax but im in the U.S.?

Can someone help me please, my account is being charged with a district of columbia tax but I live in the US and have no clue as to why it would think that I'm in a different country and would like to fix it

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Screenshot_20190122-123143_Gmail.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I'm from DC and I got an email about Iowa sales tax. I think they mixed up the zip codes. Iowa zips seem to be 50001 where DC is 20001.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Hey!  I also got this email.

All's I can say for sure is that, and this may be surprising, but the District of Columbia is actually in the United States!

In fact, it's been in the US almost as long as the US itself has!

From Wikipedia:

Washington, D.C., formally the District of Columbia and commonly referred to as Washington or D.C., is the capital of the United States

So there you have it!

My state is Iowa, that is within Washington DC, completely unacuarrate so
need help

I am also an Iowa resident 👍🏽

Iowan here as well, and received the same email. Guessing someone messed up the form when they sent the email out and it should read State of Iowa sales tax. I have noticed my Netflix and Hulu subscriptions all increased this year as well.

While DC is in the US, those of us living outside of it should not pay a DC sales tax.

I too received this email and I am from Iowa.

Yeah, Iowan here too. I am going to guess that someone at Spotify forgot to substitute 'Iowa' for 'District of Columbia' in their 'we are gonna charge you more' canned email. Our state so gratiously decided that all internet streaming services are now taxable. 

Yep, also in Iowa...got the same email.

Marked as solution

I'm from DC and I got an email about Iowa sales tax. I think they mixed up the zip codes. Iowa zips seem to be 50001 where DC is 20001.

Does that email have a different tax amount on it?

@mliebler27 wrote:

Yeah it says $1.05. I've talked to other people from DC and they also got the Iowa email. I assume they will send out a correction.

Suggested posts