Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How come all my playlists disappeared after after I upgraded to Premium?

How come all my playlists disappeared after after I upgraded to Premium?

After switching to Premium from Spotify Free I realized that all my playlists I made when I was using the free version were gone? Where did they go and if i switch back to the free plan will the playlists come back? pls help! i had so many songs on my playlists 😞

8 Replies

Hi ashleyzhengg,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community, and I’m sorry to hear about this issue.

Just to confirm, did you sign up for Premium using the same account on which you created your playlists that have disappeared?

You can recover deleted playlists on this page. Make sure you are logging into the correct account; perhaps you have a second account to which you logged in, which would explain the difference in the libraries.

If you’re sure that you are logging into the correct account, but feel that someone else might have deleted your playlists, be sure to follow the steps on this page.

Let us know if you still need help, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey @ashleyzhengg,

Just to clarify, you shouldn't lose your playlists as a consequence of upgrading to Spotify Premium.

It'd be great if you'd take a look at this support site article and follow the suggested steps to double-check whether you subscribed to Premium with a different account than the one featuring all your playlists.

If you find and access the Spotify account with your playlists but you can't see the 'Spotify Premium' status under 'Your plan' in your account page, then you can confirm that your Premium subscription is associated with a different account.

Let us know how you get on. We'll keep an eye on your reply!

Mario Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I had the same issue. I canceled my premium a while ago and got an app that has horrible algorithms for suggested and similar music. I have since switched back to the far superior spotify premium, only to discover that my entire library was deleted along with my playlists. If it is possible to recover them without the use of the recovery page, I would be interested in speaking with someone in the technical department. My life is now in ruins because the suggested music from my spotify was like a breath of fresh air because the algorithms knew exactly what I wanted to listen to. PLEASE HELP! 

Screen Shot 2022-07-13 at 4.05.16 PM.png

It turns out that my library is still working on another device, but since it is wifi only, it is not exactly something I cant take with me wherever I go. Is a manual sync ever going to be a thing? surely that isn't wishful thinking. Is it a security concern that is preventing manual syncing? I am sure there are already other people talking about this but I haven't been able to find anything. I am a newb to the community. 

Okay, so I figured it out my account was not the same. But I used the same email... so I was confused when I logged in on my web browser (I had not used spotify on my computer in quite some time and had to download the software). It was super weird that it just created a totally new account when I upgraded. I decided to reply again to myself on this two year old post in case someone accidentally came along and thought to themselves, "oh hey I have the same problem." MAKE SURE that you have your User ID Number. I cannot stress this enough. I avoided a serious catastrophe that could have cost me years of my life in depression and solitude working tirelessly to recreate my lovely library. God Bless you Spotify, and God speed. This will likely be my last post on this account, as my library is now in its former glory. 

All the best,

Elliott123

Hi @user-removed,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community, and welcome! Also, apologies for the delay in replying. 

It was possible to have more than one account with the same email address previously, if the accounts were created through Facebook. In this way, both accounts can share the same email, while having completely different usernames (which serve as a unique signifier on Spotify).

Since you mentioned that you were able to log in to another device, I recommend following these steps to access the right account on all of your devices:

1. Copy the exact username and reset your password by entering the username in the field; this will reset the password on the right account, and only on that one.
  2. You’ll then receive an email containing the password reset link. On the email, the username for the account that requested the change will be displayed, so you can double-check if that's the right account.
  3. You should open the link and enter the new password—now, you can log in on any device with your username (this should also work with your email address) and the new password that you just set.

To find your username if you're logged in to the right account on a mobile device, you can follow these steps:

1. Open the app, go to Settings and tap on “Show Profile” at the top of the screen.
  2. Your profile will then show up. Tap on the three dots in the top right corner, select “Share,” and then “Copy Link.”
  3. The link to your profile will be copied to the clipboard. You can paste it somewhere, and it will look something like this: https://spotify.com/user/YOURUSERNAMEISHERE?si=randomstringofletters. Just copy the YOURUSERNAMEISHERE part, between "/user/" and "?".

On the desktop app, you can simply click on your profile in the top right corner, then select “Account,” and this will take you to your account page, where your username will be displayed.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star

hi my partner recently moved from a premium to family premium account and lost all her playlists and music some of which were Downloaded 

Hi @Dalz71,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community, and welcome!

To clarify, your partner shouldn't lose her playlists as a consequence of switching between different Premium plans on Spotify.

I recommend that she follow the suggested steps in this support article to determine whether she’s subscribed to Premium with a different account than the one with all of her playlists and saved music. For further information about determining whether your partner has another Spotify account, she can also take a look at the FAQ article on this topic.

If your partner finds and accesses the Spotify account with her playlists and saved music, but doesn’t see the “Spotify Premium” status under “Your plan” when logged in to her account page, then she can confirm that her Premium Family subscription is associated with a different account.

Also, in case it’s relevant here, I’ll mention that it was previously possible to have more than one Spotify account with the same email address if the Spotify accounts were created through Facebook. In this case, both Spotify accounts can share the same email address, while having completely different usernames (which serve as a unique signifier on Spotify). In that scenario, I’d recommend that if your partner is able to log in to the right Spotify account with her playlists and saved music, she can follow these steps to access it on all of her devices:

1. Find your username if you're logged in to the right account. You can find this on the mobile app by going to Settings and privacy (gear icon) and tapping “Account.” On the desktop app, you can click your profile at the top right corner, then select “Account,” which will take you to your account page, where you can then click “Edit profile” to view your username.
  2. Copy the exact username and reset your password by entering the username in the field; this will reset the password on the right account, and only on that one.
  3. You’ll then receive an email containing the password reset link. On the email, the username for the account that requested the change will be displayed, so you can double-check whether it’s the right account.
  4. You should open the link and enter the new password. Now you can log in on any device with your username (this should also work with your email address) and the new password that you just set.

I hope this helps, and let me know if you have any other questions.

Have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star

Suggested posts