How come all my playlists disappeared after after I upgraded to Premium?

How come all my playlists disappeared after after I upgraded to Premium?

ashleyzhengg

After switching to Premium from Spotify Free I realized that all my playlists I made when I was using the free version were gone? Where did they go and if i switch back to the free plan will the playlists come back? pls help! i had so many songs on my playlists 😞

2 Replies

TreyAnastasio

Hi ashleyzhengg,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community, and I’m sorry to hear about this issue.

Just to confirm, did you sign up for Premium using the same account on which you created your playlists that have disappeared?

You can recover deleted playlists on this page. Make sure you are logging into the correct account; perhaps you have a second account to which you logged in, which would explain the difference in the libraries.

If you’re sure that you are logging into the correct account, but feel that someone else might have deleted your playlists, be sure to follow the steps on this page.

Let us know if you still need help, and have a good day!

TreyAnastasioSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Mario

Hey @ashleyzhengg,

Just to clarify, you shouldn't lose your playlists as a consequence of upgrading to Spotify Premium.

It'd be great if you'd take a look at this support site article and follow the suggested steps to double-check whether you subscribed to Premium with a different account than the one featuring all your playlists.

If you find and access the Spotify account with your playlists but you can't see the 'Spotify Premium' status under 'Your plan' in your account page, then you can confirm that your Premium subscription is associated with a different account.

Let us know how you get on. We'll keep an eye on your reply!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts