Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How different is the music catalogue in New Zealand?

Solved!

How different is the music catalogue in New Zealand?

Plan

Premium

Country

UK and possibly NZ

My Question or Issue

Hello. I'm now living in NZ but still paying UK sub. I'm worried that if I switch to NZ that I'll lose some of the music due to rights etc. A lot of what I listen to is UK music including old Jamaican stuff that was released in London and for which I'm sure there are far fewer listeners in NZ. Can anyone from Spotify comment on how different the catalogues are or what percentage of music is available globally? Thanks!

JPF

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey again, @JohnnyNZ 

Happy to know that my answer was useful for you. If your issue/question was solved, I'd like to ask you to mark my answer as a solution and give me kudos! That's important for another people with same issue get an useful answer faster.

Best Regards,

hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey, @JohnnyNZ 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

As you already know, availability can vary over time and between countries, depending on the permissions from rights holders. But you can check the availability of any song using a tool, called Kira, created by a third-party.

You just need to link your Spotify account and then you put the song URL there and will check the availability.

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezor

LuanSpotify Star

OK, thanks Hezor - I'll give that a whirl and make a call on it.

JPF
Marked as solution

Hey again, @JohnnyNZ 

Happy to know that my answer was useful for you. If your issue/question was solved, I'd like to ask you to mark my answer as a solution and give me kudos! That's important for another people with same issue get an useful answer faster.

Best Regards,

hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

Suggested posts