Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I purchase a Spotify gift card for my friend in Canada?

How do I purchase a Spotify gift card for my friend in Canada?

I live in the US and I have a friend in Canada whom I would like to give a Spotify gift card so he can get Premium. I found a link to purchase Spotify ecards, but it says Page Not Found. Is it still possible to give a Spotify ecards to Canadian residents or do I need to purchase it through a retailer like Walmart?

Thank you!

3 Replies

Hey @dannierose07, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'll be happy to help you.

Since you live in the US, and your friend lives in Canada, the gift card won't work for your friend - since the country on your account has to match the country of which the gift card was purchased in.

If your friend would like to purchase a Gift Card in Canada, they can check out some local retail stores that may sell them, and PayPal also has Spotify Gift Cards. More info here.

If you'd like more info on Gift Card, check out this support article.

I hope this helps. I'll be right here if you have any more questions 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I see it's been over a year since the last post on this—has anything changed? For instance, it looks like I am able to purchase a Spotify gift card through PayPal now.

Has anyone purchased a gift card through PayPal for someone in another country recently? Do we know if it works now?

Hey @thepurpleblacks

Thanks for posting here. The reply I posted last year still remains in effect. You can purchase gift cards through PayPal, but that country on the recipients' Spotify account must match the country the gift card was purchased in.

There's more info on this here

Hope this helps. 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts