Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I "upgrade" from Premium to Premium Duo?

How do I "upgrade" from Premium to Premium Duo?

Plan

Premium

Country

CH

My Question or Issue

I want to switch from Premium to Premium Duo if Premium has already been prepaid for a whole year (in this case: until May 2021)?

If I choose to switch from Premium to Premium Duo, I get a notification that I'll be charged with the full amount for Premium Duo, not the difference between Premium and Premium Duo. 

3 Replies

Hey @PeHaGe72, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Your Premium time will be forfeited if you upgrade to Premium Duo. My recommendation is to wait until when it's near your prepaid Premium expiration date to upgrade to Duo.

There is some more information on Premium Duo in this Spotify Answer.

Hope this helps. I'll be here if you have any more questions! 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I'm trying to change my Premium Individual plan to Premium Duo. As instructed, I login, go to "Manage Account" and then to "Change Plan." When I select Premium Duo, I get "error  Oops! Something went wrong, please try again" every time. No explanation is offered and there seems to be no option to inquire further. Frustrating.

Hey @fordjwfu,

I'd recommend changing your plan here using a different browser or private window. If that doesn't work, can you try upgrading using a different network connection as well (if possible)? 

If you're still having trouble, then I'd recommend you cancel your plan and wait for the plan to revert to free, and then resubscribe on the new plan

Let me know how everything goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts