Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do i get money back ?

How do i get money back ?

I have a premium account and have student discount. I've just noticed that i'm not being charged my normal 4.99 but 9.99. How do i get back the money that was wrongfully  taken out of my account, without anyone informing me with this new change. 

2 Replies

Please be aware that refunds are given out strictly on a case-by-case basis, and there is never any guarantee of receiving one. With this in mind, if you would like to pursue a refund for your case you will want to reach out to Spotify Support so that they can look into your situation. To contact support, please fill out the online contact form. If, for whatever reason, you would prefer not to, or cannot use the form, support can also be reached on Twitter by reaching out to @SpotifyCares, or on Facebook by sending a message to the Spotify Cares Facebook page.

Please be aware that responses may take anywhere from 24-48 hours depending on the volume of tickets they are currently handling.

Hey @nessadavid

Check out this help article, it might be why you are now paying more:

https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/student_discount/how-long-does-the-student-discount...

How long does the student discount last?

Your student discount is active for 12 months from the moment you apply it to your account. After that, your account will revert to the standard Premium rate.

This is so Spotify can check your eligibility each academic year. Don’t worry though! We automatically send you an email reminder when your discount is about to expire. If you’re still a student, you can reapply for an additional 12 months.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts