Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How many devices can i use spotify with one premium account on individual premium plan

How many devices can i use spotify with one premium account on individual premium plan

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

4 Replies

Hello @raptor1752!

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Community.

I'll be here to help you out. When you create a Spotify account, you can use it on all of your devices. For instance, you can use it on your phone when you're at work and on your speakers when you arrive home. You can listen on any devices regardless of whether you have a Premium subscription. 

However, you can't stream music on different devices with the same account and at the same time. If you'd like to listen to music on different devices at the same time you can check out Premium subscriptions for multiple accounts like Premium Duo or Premium for Family.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any other questions 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey there @raptor1752 and @Jose_M

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here!

Just jumping in to add a little to what @Jose_M already said. If you use your Premium plan for offline listening keep in mind there's a maximum of 5 separate devices you can use for downloads. If you download music on a 6th device, they get automatically removed from the device that hasn't been used in the longest amount of time. 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.  

Stupid question-  what is considered listening “offline”.?

I have an account and my husband and I each have playlists.  Can we both listen to our playlists in different cars at the same time?

Hello @Lshooksmom!

Thanks for reaching out. Offline listening is a Premium feature that allows your to download your music and listen to it when you don't have an internet connection. Regarding your question, if you share one account with your husband, only one of you will be able to stream music at the same time. You could listen to downloaded music offline from two different devices at the same time though.

Hope this helps clear things up and let me know if you have any questions 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts