Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to pay for Premium with iTunes gift card

Solved!

How to pay for Premium with iTunes gift card

I've been a Spotify Premium customer for a few months now, and I've always done my payments through a PayPal account. However, I have a few extra iTunes gift cards laying around that I can use as App store credit on my iPhone. Is there any way I could pay for 2 or 3 months of Premium ahead of time using up that App store credit? I'm also aware paying through the app store is 13$ or so because of Apple's fees, but I still have nearly 50$ of iTunes gift cards that would otherwise be going to waste. Thanks ahead of time for any replies!

184 Replies

Hey, I have done that but when I go to setting on iTunes it doesn't come up with subscriptions is it because my Spotify month hasn't run out yet. 

I recently got a iTunes gift card and I tried to get the Spotify Premium deal which is $0.99 for 3 months, but its only asking for credit card!!!!! Solution?!?

https://www.spotify.com/us/purchase/panel/?intro=1#__main-pci-credit-card

This **bleep**ing sucks why cant you use itunes cards spotify i have 3 $25 cards that have NO **bleep**ING PURPOUSE NOW

**bleep** spotify.  Use Apple Music.

You can use them easily. Just go to Settings - Itunes and Apple store option - View your account - then you will get an additional menu. Select Suscriptions and authorize Spotify

Hope this help

I only have I tunes gift cards and I want to have premium with the school plan because I'm not an adult yet is there anyway for me to use an iTunes gift card to purchase premium? I don't have credit card or pay pal

I got the same problem

Hey there @tania_n123, thanks for reaching out!

You need a recurring payment method, like a credit card or PayPal, in order to get the promotional offer so the gift card shouldn't be eligible as a method 🙂

Hope this helped!
K
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

I'm so mad about not being able to pay from my Itunes card. I've always purchased my premium Spotify this way and I don't understand why I'm not able to do so. This needs to be fixed ASAP. I never even got informed that this isn't an option for me anymore. This is ridiculous.  

This really bites I am the same as you. I would love to get premium but I have no accounts in any of the ways to pay and I do not intend to do so. I always have money on my iTunes account. We should be offered the opportunity to pay that way.

Hello tania_n123,

Up until recently, it was possible to pay for Spotify Premium using Apple’s in-app payment system (iAP). However, this has been discontinued for new subscribers.

Not to worry, we have a range of payment methods available, such as paying with your phone bill or PayPal. Check out the payment methods available in your country here.

I have tried to expand my spotify premium with my itunes gift card, but its is not working ( i also have an ipod 5). I really hope one of you can help me with this problem. 

The only way that I can pay for Spotify Premium is through iTunes. How am I supposed to pay for it now?

Spotify doesn't show up in iTunes subscriptions for me. Is there any way I can fix this?

Why doesn't mine come up with subscription?

How do I start a subscription for Spotify with my iTunes ???

I have an IPod, and I don't know where subscriptions is! Someone please help I really would like Spotify premium and the only way I can get it is using an iTunes card! I have an iPod 6

i can't find the 'Subscriptions' thing on mine what can i do?

i need a way to pay for it without credit card, i have an i tunes account with funds on it but it wont take it anywhere i look

Hi I don't see the "subscriptions" section... I can only see the section to "manage"

I doesn't work because when I click view account it sends me to apple.com 😞

Suggested posts